1.2

[sorry for updating so much, i like this fic]

[this is an emotional roller coaster lmao]

/ third person

michael didn't want to talk to luke again, he was scared of luke, he didn't want to be scared of luke.

he wanted to love luke, to be loved by luke.

he was having nightmares again, not always about luke. about his father, about his classmates, about everything in general that made him hate himself. and when he hates himself he goes to his "best friend" for some help.

of course in a few minutes his laptop would ding and he'd have to face luke again, he was petrified, he pulled his hoodie over his head hoping to cover his face -- it disgusted him.

luke was mad, mad at himself, for fucking up with michael. he scared the small boy, he scared his mother. he completely petrified them and watched as they held tight to each other and cowered away from him, complete strangers to one another yet still they held one another closely to protect themselves from him.

he was mad at jack, the whole reasoning behind what luke did. he had no control over it, it simply happened.

luke was also scared, he was scared on how michael would react to seeing him again. he didn't want to set the small boy into a panic attack, but the past forty-eight hours without him was absolute hell for luke, he needed michael. michael was like oxygen to luke without him luke felt like death.

calum was setting up the video chat, his mouse hovering over the call button his excitement was through the roof, he was so damn happy he felt like his face would crack because of how much he'd been smiling for the past two days, nothing could ruin his happiness.

at least thats what he thought.

ashton was the first to accept the call, his face displayed a large smile that made calum want to smile but he had tears in the corners of his eyes and one of his cheekbones was a deep purple, a newly formed bruise.

calums happiness started to dwindle.

michael accepted next, well the only way they could tell it was him by looking at the image was his petite frame, his was looking down and had a black hoodie covering what could've been seen.

calums smile was forced.

lastly was luke, his eyes had heavy bags under them and he growing a slight stubble, his hair was a mess and calum assumed he smelled bad.

and suddenly calum felt like shit seeing all his best friends so down.

calum : woah what happened??
ashy what happened to your face?
michael are you even there????
luke do you smell bad?
i'm confused, somebody answer me
aLSO MUKE, WE HAVE GOOD NEWS

ashton scratched his neck and looked down, "um my brother got a b on his report card and my mum got angry."

calum : thats no reason to hit somebody!!!¡¡¡

"she wants us to be perfect kids, i already failed her so shes pretty hard on my siblings. but its okay, it barely hurts."

calum : thats not a good excuse babe, thats not how somebody should treat their kids but if you want to stop talking about it we can.

he looked at ashton who simply nodded.

"okay so what happened to you guys?" ashton asked, his focus was mainly on michael who hadn't looked up since the call started.