Chapter 6

Kyle's POV

I gritted my teeth together as I approached the building it was tall and old the bricks crumbling away with age. I heard twigs snap behind me I went into attack mode. I eyed up my opponent a pixie. He pulled out a device that looked like a gun his eyes daring me to come closer. I stood there still as ever that's when something jumped on top of my I flung them off me and lunged at the pixie he shot the thing ma ging at me it sent a electrical shock through my body I fell to the ground withering in pain. A shadow loomed above me and I heard the crackle of spine tingling laughter. He shot the gun thing again and I felt another electrical shock travel through my body. I beared my fangs and bit down hard on the inside of my cheek getting my mind of try he pain. I jumped up gracefully and tackled the pixie to the ground. I snarled a merciless growl and snapped his neck in half.

His body went limp and I threw him to ground. I sighed I've had to kill 2 times already today I hope there's not a third.
I made my way up the stone steps I pushed the door open it creaked and I finched. I quietly carried on creeping through the halls they were dimly lit and the lights flickered every now and again.

I heard thumping and I turned towards that direction. I could smell Alexis's scent it was getting stronger. I walked more briskly eager to get Alexis and get out of this place cause this was a breeding ground for Avoxs.

I came to a hall and turned down only to be greeted by a full blast of Alexis's scent
"ALEXIS!" I shouted and I ran towards a room with it's door ajar.

A pixie walked out into the corridor I once again went into attack stance.
"Oh look a vampire without his coven." The pixie said. I eyed him his eyes were culculating.
I snarled at him my lip curling.
"I don't want trouble pixie I'm looking for someone. "
I glared at the pixie my muscles tense.
"Let me guess your soul mate " the pixie drawled out.
I gritted my teeth together again I didn't want to think about that. Not about her.

I saw a flicker of amusement in the pixies eyes as he saw my stance.
"A bit of a toucy subject I'm guess."

This pixie was stalling trying to figure out weak spot the spot that would hit me hard and weaken me. I ran towards him and snapped his neck his limp body fell to the ground. I walked into the room it was dimly lit but the room was empty. Alexis 's scent was strong yet faint.
"It doesn't make sense I tracked her here. "
I heard a high pitch scream was it Alexis?

I took off after the sound corridor after corridor. until I came to another room that's door was left ajar. I walked in there it was another empty room and I couldn't smell Alexis's scent anywhere.

I listened for any sound of movement any sign but I couldn't hear anything all there was, was silence. There was a sudden breeze and the lights flickered then went out.

I walked out of the room "God dammit! " I yelled. Then I felt something go into my arm I looked down and saw needle poking out. I ripped it out then my knees buckled beneath me I fell painfully hitting my head. Luckliy my skull is strong I moved my eyes and saw the icy blue eyes of a avox. His mouth sewed up and his skin pale I tried using my limbs to give but I couldn't.

Then I was being dragged down the corridor and before long we were back to room where I tracked Alexis to the Avox made a low hum and a table appeared Alexis laying there.

I mentally face palmed myself of course a glamour. Next thing I knew I was being strapped down to a table and mountain ash got scattered around the room and entrance. I could feel that.my feeling in my limbs were starting to come back.

I wiggled my toe and mentally told myself just a few more minutes.
Then I felt a burning sensation all over my body.
Iron.
With my body in pain the lights went out and the Avox left the room slamming the door.

I reached for something, anything and my hand brushed past something warm. I grabbed hold of it and it was a hand, Alexis's hand I held it tightly and was quite surpised when the pain subsided.

I lay there in the dark holding her hand with my body in pain. I know what would come next what they would do to me but to Alexis.
I have never heard of a Avox taking a human before.

What did they want with her?