008: nonsense

——————————————————————————
It was starting to get cold I felt it as soon as I woke up this morning, I held both mine and Hugh's coffee cups in my hands, the soothing warmth helped.

Today was my official first day starting as hughs assistant and my weather app predicted it was going to snow. After our last encounter we had decided today would be my first day although I didn't know what to expect I was still nervous, even more so with the cold.

I could already tell my cheeks were turning a rosy red, my knit zip up black and red sweater really didn't keep the breeze out as much as I hoped the outfit was more for style, in the other hand my brown uggs and blue jeans were keeping my lower half warm.

"Aster big news." Hugh comes downstairs once he's done hanging up the phone, he takes his coffee as I reply back, "what's up?"

"The author of written words Megan Stone wants to meet me," he explains as he takes his coffee. His first instinct was to talk about work but I just stared at how handsome he looked with his navy blue zip up and black jeans.

"That is good news and," I grab my messenger bag and pull out the book, you could tell the book was worn out I've had it since middle school, I probably had a million more copies lost around every place I've ever travelled but this is the one I've had for the longest time.

He chuckles while grabbing the book, "you really were obsessed with it, huh?"

I purse my lips, not wanting to embarrass myself more than I had already. It felt weird I think this job was going to make both of us see the worst parts of each other, what was weirder was how the first thing I was thinking was am I going to hate after I see the worst parts of him or like him even more?

I look at my phone and the time, I still didn't know exactly how to navigates Hugh schedule he just told me what time to be awake, considering it was early I got us coffee and an Uber, I wasn't entirely sure if he use to have a driver or whatever but he doesn't tell me that much anyways.

"I just thought you would want to read it, you are going to be playing one of the main characters." I explain.

He looks at me and then at the book, "you're right."

The Uber slowly pulls up, he scrunches his nose and i do the same as the cold breeze hits us. The red car pulled to the side and rolled the window down, "you aster?" The driver asks, "yes!" I smile.

Before I could even go to the back Hugh opens the back door for me, I wasn't supposed to be liking him more but he made it so hard.

"Thank you." I say as I enter, he followed behind me, I put down the cup holders so there's space between us, the next thing I didn't want happening was our thighs touching.

"Where to?" The driver asks, I look at Hugh, "Owl entertainment" Hugh says. The driver nods, the music he put was realizing and almost made me want to take a nap. Hugh chuckles.

"What?" I ask, rubbing my eyes tirelessly. "You tired?" Hugh asks. "I just haven't woke up this early since high school." I reply. "Wasn't that like a month ago?" He jokes, "no actually like years ago." I point out.

I noticed he had this thing about talking about my age like I was a teenager and not a grown ass adult, yes there was an age gap between us but that didn't mean we both weren't adults.

He chuckles again, and begins to run his finger through the cover of the book.

The book had a pretty basic cover with a young girl with curly red hair in a princess dress standing next to her knight whose face was hidden cause of his armor.