1.2 | Pained History

❝ The Weirdo on Maple Street ❞

The Weirdo on Maple Street

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Claudia Henderson had been near hysterical at the sight of her daughter's wounded knees, soaking wet body and the bloody cheek when Hopper had dropped the girl off at home. Claudia cleaned her daughter's wounds, scolding her for going out into the cold night no matter her sweet intentions. Nether of them aware of the boy who had snuck his way back into the home soaked to the bone, he managed to stay silent and change from his clothes to some pyjamas before leaving his room pretending that he had been in there the whole time. However, at the sight of his wounded sister, he rushed over and felt bad for not forcing her to stay home. Maybe he should've told her to go with him, she could've help with their predicament.

"Are you sure that you're okay?" Claudia asked her daughter, her eyes crinkled from the frown on her face. "Yes, Mama. I'm okay, just tired," Kimberly reassured her mother before kissing Claudia's cheek, the older woman sighed but settled into her chair holding her dear cat, Mews. Kimberly and Dustin walked down the hall until they reached Kimberly's room, Dustin noticed that she held her side with a wince. "Kimmy?" Dustin called softly, she locked eyes with her little brother and lowered her arm. "I'm okay, Dusty. Just sore and tired, I promise," Kimberly replied to her brother before pulling him into her embrace, she frowned as he gently wrapped his arms around her. Closing her eyes, Kimberly focused on the knowledge that Dustin was safe but the question was, for how long?

Finally wishing her brother goodnight, Kimberly headed into her room and towards her walk-in closet. She changed from her soaked dress and top into some plaid pyjama shorts and a random shirt that she spotted. Brushing her fingers through her curls, she heard a weird thud followed by a familiar boys groan bringing a small smile to her face. "I have a front door," Kimberly reminded Jonathan once she had stepped back into her room. "I know but this means no questions," Jonathan replied as he stood up and turned to her, he swallowed carefully at the sight of her long legs and his shirt on her. However, his focus is soon taken by the bandages on her knees and the band-aid on her cheek. "What happened to you?" Jonathan asked as he stepped forward, placing his camera to the side.

"I was with the search party and... had a nasty fall," Kimberly answered, she didn't like lying to him but she knew he wouldn't believe her story ─ or he'd pretend to in order to make her feel sane. "You shouldn't have been out there, Kimmy," Jonathan told her as he gently cupped her face in his hands. "I'm not gonna sit and do nothing, Jonny. He's important to me too," Kimberly told him making Jonathan swoon at the words, he pulled her into his embrace and held her. The two were silent as they found comfort in each other's embrace, however, Kimberly yawned which lead to Jonathan bringing her over to her bed. Kimberly climbed in and settled in the comfort of her pale blue covers, she patted the spot next to her and Jonathan kicked his shoes off to join her.