Chapter 12: Awakening-(2)

CAERA DENOIR'S POV:

As I felt myself drowning into the darkness, the pain began to fade away, allowing me to take a deep breath and let my tears subside

As I felt myself drowning into the darkness, the pain began to fade away, allowing me to take a deep breath and let my tears subside. Frantically, I reached for my head, where the pain had been excruciating moments ago. What my hands touched sent a shiver down my spine-smooth, pristine, curved horns protruding from my skull just above my ears. They split into three directions: one curving backward, one upward, and another forward, curving slightly upward at the tip.

"Hmm~ So you've finally awakened, huh?" A strong, imposing voice echoed around me, freezing my body in place with fear. I instantly recognized it-this was the same voice from the dream I had after receiving my Regalia. My heart pounded as I tried to look around, desperate to see the source of the voice, but my body refused to move. The sheer weight of the presence held me in place, as if even the air had grown heavier around me.

But just as suddenly as the pressure came, it vanished, and I gasped for breath, my body able to move once more. I frantically scanned my surroundings, but there was only one thing I could see: endless darkness. "W-who are you?" I stammered, my voice trembling. "Where am I?"

A soft, yet powerful laugh echoed through the void. "Fufu~ My name is Melantha, Melantha Ashenwood. As for where you are, it would be correct to call this place... your Dreamworld."

Suddenly, she appeared-a breathtaking woman adorned in black and crimson-scaled armor. Her armor was a masterpiece of craftsmanship, with sharp, dark edges that exuded power and elegance. Her long, silvery-blue hair flowed freely, contrasting with the crimson-black of her armor, and her helmet bore curved, scale-like horns. Her glowing, fiery golden eyes locked onto mine, radiating an intense authority and command, yet behind that intensity lay a strange serenity, like a divine warrior of ancient times.

 Her glowing, fiery golden eyes locked onto mine, radiating an intense authority and command, yet behind that intensity lay a strange serenity, like a divine warrior of ancient times

I stood there, completely dumbfounded by her presence. Her beauty, strength, and sheer majesty were beyond anything I had ever encountered or even imagined. Shaking my head, I forced myself out of my stunned state and managed to stutter, "D-Dreamworld?"

"Yes, Dreamworld," she replied calmly, her eyes never leaving mine. "Now, tell me, child... what is your name?"

"Caera... I am Caera Denoir," I answered, my voice barely steady.