Chapter 1

30th, June, 1996

Harry Potter, the supposed saviour of the wizarding world, had been back home for two days after his fifth year at school. He spent his time reflecting on the events of the past year, especially Dumbledore's revelations after the troubles at the Department of Mysteries. The events at the Ministry had left him feeling tricked, attacked, and deeply hurt, fueling a mix of emotions from grief to anger.

As he lay in bed, Harry's thoughts swirled with regrets and frustrations. He realized he was most angry about Dumbledore's actions and the lack of consideration for his feelings. The Headmaster's decisions had affected Harry deeply, yet he had never been asked for his opinion. It seemed like his life was being shaped by someone else's choices, leaving him feeling like a mere tool or weapon.

The more he dwelled on it, the more Harry saw the flaws in Dumbledore's approach and the impact on his own life. This realization fueled his anger, almost triggering accidental magic. The sense of being manipulated and unheard led Harry to question the motives behind Dumbledore's decisions, stirring a deep sense of dissatisfaction within him.

As he pondered his conclusions, a sharp pain enveloped his head. Despite the discomfort, he refrained from crying out to avoid upsetting his Muggle relatives, enduring the agony for nearly ten minutes until it lessened to a dull ache. Voldemort's anger was apparent, though Harry remained puzzled about the reason behind it. It seemed Voldemort was attempting to sever their connection following the incident at the Department of Mysteries. Harry couldn't understand why the renowned wizard couldn't decipher this phenomenon and put a stop to it. Despite his frustration, he acknowledged that this situation was less severe than his previous possession. How could he confront Voldemort if their mere proximity caused such distress?

Considering his fate reignited the contemplations occupying his mind for the past two days. Harry detested his current circumstances, yearning for a different life. Although consumed by anger, he resisted the urge to vent physically, recalling the futility of such actions based on past experiences. He was determined not to aggravate his strained relationship with his uncle further.

Anger motivated him to make a change. He felt Dumbledore's way was ineffective and needed his approach. He started listing grievances, blaming Dumbledore for most. The realization fueled his determination to take control of his life. Now, he needed a plan for moving forward.

Happy with some progress made on his issues, he rose and set his troubles aside temporarily. He then headed downstairs for the first time since arriving home. Aunt Petunia kindly allowed him to join her family for dinner. Later, Harry returned to his room to contemplate his future.

------------------------------------------------------------

As Harry woke up and lay in bed, a speckled owl delivered an official letter to him from Gringotts. Intrigued, he untied the letter, revealing the Gringotts seal. Curiosity piqued, he opened the letter and received a surprise.

Dear Mr. Harry James Potter,

We offer our condolences for the passing of Sirius Black III. We kindly request your presence at your earliest convenience for the reading of Mr. Black's Last Will and Testament. Please ask for Sharptooth upon your visit to our institution.

Sincerely,
Gringotts' Last Will and Testament Department

Harry deduced the letter was a standard template and speculated it may relate to a financial gift from Sirius that was arranged through the Goblins and anticipated Lupin's assistance. In the early morning, with no assigned chores, Harry took initiative following recent reflections. After preparing with his Invisibility cloak, money, and school hat, he left unnoticed through the back door, crossed into the neighbor's yard, and proceeded to the park where he discreetly concealed the cloak under his robes. To further disguise himself, he wore the old hat, slightly ill-fitting, to cover his scar.