5. Saazish

-Lafz karenge ishaara jaane ka,
Tum aankhein dekh ke ruk jaana

When Izzah finally reached emergency room, her heart still racing from the events outside, she saw Wahaj standing near the entrance, his face clouded with worry. He was pacing back and forth, glancing anxiously toward the doors of the ER. The moment he saw her, his eyes widened in concern, and he quickly walked up to her.

"Kahan gayi thi tum?" Wahaj asked, his voice laced with anxiety. "Main pareshan ho gaya tha".

[Where did you go? I was so worried.]

Izzah, still shaken from her encounter with the man, held up the small bag of medicine in her hand. "Mujhe nurse ne bheja tha," she explained softly, her voice barely above a whisper. "Dawayi lana zaroori tha."

[The nurse sent me to bring some important medicines.]

Wahaj exhaled deeply, relief mixing with his worry. He looked at her for a moment, scanning her face to ensure she was alright, then nodded, understanding the urgency. "Theek hai."

[Alright.]

Izzah gave a small nod, feeling the weight of the responsibility she had just carried. She quickly handed the bag of medicine to the nurse, who immediately took it and rushed back into the emergency room without a word.

As the doors to the ER closed once again, Izzah stood there, still catching her breath. Wahaj told her that he had informed his baba and that he will be here soon.

As evening descended, the sterile hospital corridors softened under the dim glow of the evening lights. After long hours of waiting and worrying, the doctor finally emerged from Aina's room, delivering the news that she was out of danger.

"Woh ab theek hain. It was a minor heart stroke," the doctor explained, his voice steady, though serious. "Magar unhein kuch din hospital mein rakhna hoga."

[She is okay now, it was a minor heart stroke, but we'll have to keep her in the hospital for a few days.]

Izzah breathed a sigh of relief, her hands trembling slightly as the tension of the day began to ease. Wahaj, standing beside her, nodded with a grave expression. "Shukr hai," he whispered, though the worry hadn't completely left his face.

[Thank God.]

Zaakir chachu had already come earlier, speaking briefly with the doctor before leaving, his words more formal than concerned. He had always been like that—distant, even in moments that required compassion.

Dilara had been adamant about coming to the hospital, her fiery nature not accepting a simple "no." But Izzah had gently refused her, knowing that someone needed to stay at the house. It was a silent battle between the sisters, but in the end, Izzah had prevailed, sending Dilara's worried protests back home.

Izzah had expected that Wahida would at least come to see Aina in the hospital, but she didn't.

As the hospital quieted down, the night slowly creeping in, Izzah and Wahaj settled into their long vigil by Aina's side. The rhythmic beeping of the machines was the only sound in the room, a steady reminder of life, fragile as it was. Aina slept peacefully, her chest rising and falling steadily, while Izzah sat beside her, exhaustion etched into her features.

Wahaj, sitting near the window, watched over them both. "Tum thodi der so jao," he suggested softly, his tone kind but firm. "Main yahan hoon."

[You should sleep for awhile, I'm right here.]