38

Yeji walked into the second floor's practice room, sweat still dripping from the A-grade dance training session earlier

Yeji walked into the second floor's practice room, sweat still dripping from the A-grade dance training session earlier. Her eyes landed on the new girl. Whispers had followed her all morning—rumors about her beauty and talents that had spread through the corridors like wildfire.

But seeing her in person, Yeji realized none of these rumors had done this girl any justice. It was like witnessing an urban legend come to life—you can either be severely disappointed, or pleasantly surprised—and Yeji found herself captivated. All those talks about sharp shoulders and graceful features, yet Yeji was drawn by something else entirely.

The girl was applying some lip gloss, checking her reflection in the large mirrors surrounding the room. A subtle twist of excitement fluttered in Yeji's stomach at the sight, her attention fixated on the gentle swipe over her bottom lip. As the girl smacked her lips together, finalizing the application, an unfamiliar urge crept up Yeji's spine. She had never seen a pair of lips so kissable, so inviting.

"Hey," Yeji called out before she could rethink her actions.

The girl turned, her expression curious but guarded. "Hi."

Yeji shifted on her feet awkwardly, her hands itching for something to do to appear more casual. "You new here?"

"Yeah," the girl replied, cool and concise. "Started yesterday."

Yeji nodded in return, the silence stretching between them. She had no idea what to say, but for some reason, she felt the need to keep the conversation going. "I'm Yeji, by the way."

"Jisu," she said simply.

Yeji first hesitated, but then, desperate to break through the awkwardness, she blurted out, "So... tell me something sweet about you."

Jisu's brow lifted, amusement flickering across her face. "I'm not really the sweet type."

Yeji's lips twitched into a grin, mirroring Jisu's sweet smile. "Yeah, me neither." She grimaced jokingly. "Okay, that's not true, I lied."

Jisu let out a soft laugh. "Me too. I love greasy food and chocolate too much."

Yeji's smile widened, feeling the tension ease. "Oh, we should go out to eat some time! I know a place nearby, they make the best fries and burgers. And we can have something sweet for dessert, chocolate of course."

Jisu's eyes brightened instantly at the offer. "That sounds amazing! Thank you."

"Of course." Yeji then warmly suggested, "I wouldn't want you to be lonely here. You want to be friends?"

"That would be nice, yes," Jisu acknowledged with glee, her voice softening. "Thanks a lot, Yeji."

Yeji's heart felt a wave spread through her chest, accompanied by a sense of lightness she didn't expect to retain out of such a mundane interaction. A short while after, she whipped her phone out of her back pocket, asking, "So... Your number?"