Chapter 5: His Return

Felipe's POV

After I had gathered everyone, we all went out of the warehouse and found Jun waiting for us beside my car. I was happy to see him waiting for me so I hurriedly approached him and smiled widely at him. He held out his hands like he was asking something from me and I really thought that he was asking for my hand.

I was about to place my hand on top of his hand only to be confused when he avoided it.

"Your car keys." He said after holding out his hand again.

Even if I was confused, I immediately placed my car keys on his open palm.

He grabbed the keys and walked towards the driver side and got in the car without a word. I definitely assumed that he would let me in and thought that he just would like to drive when I found the door of the passenger side locked. I fumbled on the door's handle but it still does not budge.

It was when I heard the car's engine coming back to life that I finally realized that he had no intention of driving back to the mansion with me.

He sped off towards the direction of the highway while leaving me behind.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you, the husband who was left behind." Joshua playfully announced once he had approached me.

I heard Justine, Veronica and Alain snorting and they immediately stopped when I turned to glare at them.

Joshua placed his hand over my shoulder and guided me towards the van a few feet from us.

"Come on, left behind husband. We need to be on the road now if we want to get to the mansion and welcome your run-away husband." He continued with his playful remarks and I just shook my head in amusement.

Alain was driving the van while I was sitting in the passenger seat and on the other hand, Veronica, Justine, Joshua and the rest of Alain's team were sitting at the back seat. I closed my eyes and adjusted my position so I could relax and sleep when I heard them bantering on who should volunteer to explain things to Jun.

Then, they suddenly went quiet. I sighed deeply when I felt their stares in my direction.

"Don't look at me, I was just going along with your plans." I murmured with my eyes still closed.

"I am sure he will listen to you." Justine said in an attempt to convince me.

"Did you not see that he left me behind?" I asked sarcastically.

Joshua and Veronica snorted.

"Right, I forgot. So, who would explain everything then?" Justine retorted in a teasing manner and I almost wanted to turn and glare at him.

I should have not lowered my guard when I was with these people. It was too late when I realized that they had planned their escape behind my back. Even Alain participated in their ridiculous plan and escaped with them.

It was when we arrived at the mansion. We all saw Jun's back while he was crouching on the twins' eye level on the front door of the mansion.

Even if we could not see his face, we all knew, especially Justine and I, that he was about to explode. I absentmindedly got out of the car thinking that they would follow suit when they all did not. Alain even lowered down the window on the passenger side and Joshua was already in it.

"Bye Jun! We will call you later!" He called out while waving his hand.

And when he looked at me, he smirked and even stuck his tongue out. My mouth gaped at his direction even when he already raised the window and the van sped off.