Epilogue

Franklin P. Jones said that Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Love is the center of my parents' journey in life and it is the reason why they are still together. They stuck together through thick and thin and I believe that nothing could separate them anymore.

As my brother and I drove along the driveway, in each of our cars, towards the mansion where we have spent our childhood, youth and adulthood, a smile slowly crept on my face. We only chose to leave the comforts of our parents home when it was time for us to marry and have a family of our own.

My brother married the daughter of our parent's friend who lives in Paris. Because of his wife's family living in Paris, he had to migrate there to live with her. I, on the other hand, had to move to Manila because of my busy schedule. I had to be in the headquarters of our conglomerate as early as I can as the Vice Chairman.

My Dad, in his late sixties is still the Chairman but he often leaves all the tedious jobs to me lately. He always said that he needs to spend the remaining days of his life with Dada. He loves Dada so much that he could not leave his side even if they have spent almost half a century together.

I parked my car in the driveway and smiled as soon as I saw Uncle Al waiting for us by the front door. He is a happily married man with his husband of twenty years. They have a son that he and his husband adopted from Paris, given that his husband resides there for a long time.

Uncle Al and his husband are so happy and in love that they have been the topic of gossip in the town lately. They were randomly seen kissing and making out even in public places and they do not even care, much to my Dada's distaste.

My brother who I have not seen for six months now parked his car beside mine and we simultaneously got out of each of our cars.

Aunt Alice came running out of the mansion when she saw us and even though we just saw each other last week, she still gets excited whenever she sees me and my brother. Although she never married, which was unfortunate, she is always happy.

You and your brother are my happiness. She always says and it always makes my heart warm.

She hugged me so tight and I hugged her back.

"Aunt Alice, I missed you." My brother called out while running towards us.

"Young master Liam!" She exclaimed in excitement after turning to look at him.

She spread her hands and welcomed him with a bear hug. Liam, my brother, hugged her back and swayed his body with her while his face was buried in her shoulder.

"I miss you too, Young master Liam." She said with a smile.

I smiled at their exchanges and continued to watch them talk with each other excitedly. When I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, I turned to look at the person and saw Amber's face, my best friend of twenty four years and my brother's wife. She is currently expecting and with how huge her belly now, she could be delivering anytime soon.

I hugged her carefully and kissed the side of her face.

"Are you sure you are okay? You should have stayed behind to not strain yourself." I said in a stern voice.

"I am fine. Daddy Felipe asked his staff to fetch us in Paris so we never had any inconveniences." She said with a smile.

It was not strange for us to hear her refer to our Daddy as her daddy because she was once his daughter too. I touched her face and wiped the sweat from it.

"Tell us as soon as you feel any contractions, okay?" I said again and she nodded in agreement.

"Where's your fiancé?" Liam asked as he wrapped his hands around his wife's waist.