Chapter 1

The transfer student

One year later, The school was bustling with activity as students rushed to their classes. In the midst of the crowd, Naomi stood out with her fiery curly hair and bronze eyes, making her distinguishable from other students.

As she navigated through the hallway, bumping into her fellow students, a few eyes were drawn to her. Some students muttered amongst themselves, clearly intrigued by the new girl.

A group of girls in uniform whispered and giggled, their eyes trained on Naomi as she passed by

"Who's the new chick?" one of them asked, her voice filled with curiosity.

"I don't know, but she's got some interesting hair," another replied, chuckling.

As Naomi continued to weave her way through the sea of students, a boy with jet-black hair and striking emerald eyes spotted her from afar. He stopped mid-conversation with his friends, his gaze fixed on the new girl.

As Naomi walked past, Budo Mastuda, the leader of the Martial Arts Club, couldn't help but notice her. He leaned against a locker, his arms crossed over his chest, as he watched her change her shoes.

"Hey, new girl," he called out, his voice friendly but authoritative.

Naomi turned her head in his direction, her bronze eyes meeting his emerald ones. She paused for a moment, taking in his muscular build and the confident air around him. From his long bronw hair and a white headband around it that has a purpose to hold it up like a warrior would look in a anime novel, she scowled as she changed her shoes.

"... Yes?" She raised her eyebrow at him.

Budo's eyes twinkled with curiosity as he watched Naomi's reaction. He pushed himself off the locker and took a step closer to her.

"You're awfully serious," he observed, a small smile playing on his lips. "Just wanted to welcome you to Saikou Academy. Name's Budo."

Naomi gave him a skeptical look, her eyes narrowing as she took in his appearance. She finished tying her shoelaces and stood up, her arms crossing over her chest.

"Right," she replied dryly. "And you're part of the Martial Arts Club, I'm guessing?"

Budo's smile widened at her perceptive guess. "That's right," he said, nodding his head. "I'm the leader of the club. And you are?"

He took another step closer to her, his gaze unwavering.

Naomi's expression remained guarded, her eyes scanning his figure, taking in his imposing presence. "Naomi," she said curtly. "Just transferred here today."

She held his gaze for a moment, her body stiffening slightly. "Is there a reason you're standing so close to me?"

Budo chuckled at her question, his smile still in place an his blue eyes sparkling with pride. He took a small step back, maintaining a respectful distance.