"𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈" 𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓

♤ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ɪɴꜰᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
~ ᴀᴜ: ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ
~ ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴏʀ ᴍᴀʟᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

____________♡____________

《 ʏ/ɴ ᴘᴏᴠ 》

I was walking around Coatepec Mountain with Kinich after successfully completing another commission. I was exhausted, my body feeling really sore from fighting those warriors who were trying to kill a family of saurians. Kinich on the otherhand looked totally fine, no sign of exhaustion whatsoever. How does he do that? Keeping that same calm expression of his even after a tiring fight... it honestly amazes me every time I see it.

Me and Kinich met when we were teenagers, I knew everything about his past and he knew about mine. We were both orphans at the time, his mother left and his father died, while both my parents died in an accident. We soon became hunters in our tribe and would often take commissions together. As time passed by, I found myself falling for him, I mean, who wouldn't? He's kind, gentle, smart, cute... he's perfect. But I've always kept my feelings to myself because I feared of destroying our friendship, what would his reaction be if he knew about my feelings for him? That question always lingered in my mind ever since.

We continued to walk for a moment, the sounds of our footsteps and the wind filling the air, then he suddenly spoke,

"Are you alright?" He asks as he glanced down to look at me, noticing my tired expression.

I sighed then looked away, trying to hide my face, "Yeah, I'm fine... hold on, where's Ajaw?" I asked, noticing that his pixelated companion is not with us right now.

He just shrugged and responded, "Oh, I put him in timeout again. I noticed how annoyed you looked when he was being his usual bratty self... I apologize for his behavior."

"It's fine, I don't really mind sometimes... I guess he was just being a bit more annoying than usual earlier." I said with a small chuckle as I rub the back of my neck, feeling the small bruises I got from earlier.

Kinich looked at me, then at my neck, his own fingers reached out and gently touched the bruises, his expression and tone laced with concern, "Does it hurt if I touch it?"

My face slowly felt hot as his fingers made contact with my neck, sending shivers down to my spine. I quickly composed myself before answering his question, "Yeah, but I'm fine, I'm used to it at this point, no need to worry so much about it..." I said in a nervous tone, giving him a small nudge on his shoulder to reassure him. "You always seem to be worrying about me even if I get a small bruise... why's that?" I hesitantly asked, averting my eyes to avoid his gaze.

He lets out a small sigh, and answered in a reluctant tone, "I care about you, a lot..."

There was a long pause, his expression still looking reluctant, but then he spoke in a softer tone, "And because I love you, y/n. I've liked you ever since we met, and I'd love to be with you by your side forever..."

I froze in shock. Did he just say what I think he just said..? Surely this is just a dream, right? But this felt so real... My brain short-circuited for a brief moment. I stood there, not knowing what to respond. Kinich saw my reaction, his expression a mix of amusement and concern. "Hey.. you good? Do you not feel the same..?" He asked, his voice grew sad at the last statement.

I panicked, quickly responding to his question, "W-what?! No no... I love you too, idiot, I've always had, just... felt nervous and scared that you might not reciprocate my feelings." I answered with a small huff, my face quickly growing more red.

He chuckled softly at my response, then he gently pulled me in warm embrace, his face burying on my shoulder as he mumbled, "I understand, I won't judge you or anything, you can tell me anything. And if you need something, just tell me, okay? Because... I'll do anything, for you." He whispered the last statement, his words echoing in my mind.

I hummed when he pulled me closer to him, my arms gently wrap around his neck and I leaned closer to whisper in his ear, "I promise, my love."

____________♡____________

■ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀꜱ ʏᴀᴘ ᴢᴏɴᴇ

hellaur, this is my first story so id theres any errors, feel free to correct me! You can also request a character or a ship (from natlan only) so I could do a oneshot of them hehe. Bye~

■ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ

Who is your favorite Genshin character?

■ ᴅᴀɪʟʏ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅᴇʀ

Get some rest and don't stress yourselves too much! ♡