Chapter 2: Hogwarts

Hogwarts was truly beautiful.

The magic that she held pulled Hadrian in, and he sighed airily. He could stay here all day, staring at the castle and he wouldn't grow tired of it. That should be added to his list of things to do in Hogwarts, it sounds like fun.

The one who led them across the lake - Hagrid was it? - knocked on the castle door and it swung open. Standing in front of Hagrid was a tall, clad in emerald robes, stern-looking witch.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall." Hagrid said.

"Thank you Hagrid, I will take it from here." Professor McGonagall replied with a nod, pulling the door that she came from wider. Hagrid shuffled out of the way and started heading somewhere while the witch in front of them scanned her eyes over the crowd of first years. With a few glances of disapproval and approval, she started walking inside and they followed.

Hadrian heard a few whispers that was about a certain half giant, - most of which were insults - but he ignored them. It wasn't his business and acting out would just result in more hate directed to him.

Some would call him a coward, but it was a tactic to lessen the bullying they'd be subjected to. Besides, he'd seen the path that defending the big guy behind his back would lead to. It wasn't a nice one. However, he did wish that there were paths that leaded both he and Luna to a peaceful life, but Fate did not seem to like that.

He had long since given up from trying to run from Fate, there really was no way out of her grasp once your in.

Hadrian let out a 'oof!' when he bumped into green robes. He looked up and saw the stern looking witch standing in fron of him, giving him a raised eyebrow at his lack of sense of reality. He muttered a small apology and backed away, hiding in the crowd of other first years.

The boy wasn't embarrassed, well, maybe he was a little, but it was mostly due to his willingness to just drown in his thoughts no matter what. He had to be more aware if he wanted to protect them both, especially with Luna already taking the daydreaming side.

A few snickering could be heard, but they were quickly silenced by a glare from the Professor.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," She started, "You will be able to enter the Great Hall and join your classmates in a few minutes, but before you take your seats, you will be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Your house will be your family, your triumphs will be awarded with points, and any rule breaking will lose you points. At the end of the year, whichever house has the most points will be given the house cup. The sorting ceremony will start momentarily." She heads into the Great Hall, closing the door behind her.

Murmurs arose among them, Luna's voice belonged to one of them. Hadrian's eyes searched through the sea of heads and spotted her already being attacked. He moved towards her direction, letting out a few excuse me's along the way.

"Hello." Hadrian sent the culprits a smile that he knew worked like a charm when the girls' attention went to him and immediately awed. It was honestly easier than he expected, but who was he kidding when the smile was titled the 'killing' smile by everyone? Nobody was able to get out of it.

That's why it'll be his weapon to gain popularity, he thought with a smirk. Luna sent him a knowing look when he glanced at her from behind him and his smirk grew wider. She's seen how he took advantage of the smile every time he wanted something, and she knew how ruthless he was when it came to it.

"What were you girls talking about with my sister?" He said curiously, almost patting himself on the back when it sounded so genuine. He should get a reward for being the bast actor to be honest. "She looks a bit uncomfortable." Hadrian glanced back at Luna, noting how she put on her own facade of a damsel in distress.