Chapter 3: A Plan

The first week of classes were.. fine. Actually, scratch that. It was terrible.

Transfigurations, the first class of the week. It was a great start, until they found out who they were paired with. Gryffindors. They certainly did not make the school feel welcoming with their insults and glares. Hadrian's near perfect needle did not make the situation any better.

It was a good thing that charms was less annoying. They were paired up with Hufflepuff, a great break from whatever his last class was.

When it came to potions, Hadrian had one sentence.

It could've done better.

Seriously, Professor Snape targeted the Ravenclaws terribly. It was clear that he was mocking their so called 'intelligence'. At least he was more lenient when it came to the house of snakes, but the man still ticked him. When Hadrian had tried to answer one of his questions, he was not called on and so he got a detention.

Hadrian proceeded to silently glare at Professor Snape the whole class after that, secretly plotting against the man and his harsh rules. He had gotten the question right, so the detention was unnecessary. Even taking points would've been better.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was a complete joke in his opinion. The teacher- what was his name? Gold rot? Guild-rot? Ah, never mind.

Lockhart kept on praising himself and then gave them a quiz that consisted of fifty questions about his books and himself. Hadrian was one of the first to turn his quiz in and most likely not one of the first to hold a grudge against the weird man. He wondered how anybody could tolerate him, but then he remembered that he himself was tolerating the man.

The flying lessons was the highlight of his week. They were actually fun even with the restriction on how high a student could go. It had also never occurred to him how much he loved the feeling of freedom that came from it, but now he'll look more forward to them.

Hadrian ruffled a hand through his messy hair, making an attempt to actually smoothen it out.

It was the weekend and Luna was hanging out with the half giant today so he planned to gain Gryffindor's heart first. Why he would go for the hardest, he honestly had no idea. Perhaps he wanted a challenge after this easy week no matter how annoying it was, or he wanted to show the two other houses his power by taming the beast(something along the lines of that, he retorted back to himself).

He looked at the mirror, huffing in annoyance when his hair just looked messier. That was it, he was going to give up on his own hair. What was the point of making it look good if it was just going to get worser?

Yeah, no point.

So Hadrian got up, put on his robes, and left the dorm. He was met with chatters and a few glances in the common room. Ah, he had forgotten about his status in the Slytherin hierarchy. He internally grimaced, ignoring the glares sent at him.

When the time was right, he'll pay attention to the social ladder. Until then, he will just stay low.

Exiting the room, he put on his best mask and went to the library. He'd seen a few first year Gryffindors occupy it and if he was right, they'll be here today.

His eyes quickly scanned the area for any sign of the red ties. He was a bit disappointed when he only found one, but at least there was any. None would be even more disappointing.

The boy recited a few words in his head before he approached the bushy brunette, noting to turn his frown back into a shy smile.

"Excuse me Miss! I er- need help on my transfigurations assignment. I was hoping that you could uh.. help me?" Hadrian sweat dropped a bit when he saw the tingle of suspicion in her eyes, "Sorry, I'll look for someone else. My housemates weren't to keen on helping me too.." Just when he was about to leave, the girl sighed and called out to him.