Twenty-Four - Aaliyah

She didn't know what she was feeling. Hatred. Fear. Confusion. Her feelings were mixed, overwhelming her mind. Aaliyah didn't want to hate Zeke, but she didn't know what he was capable of. He had telepathic powers, she knew that, but she didn't know what went through his mind. She couldn't bring herself to believe that he killed Kory, but he was tightly holding a gun that had his blood on the muzzle.

She was torn.

She didn't know what to believe.

"I don't know what to think, okay?" Aaliyah muttered, letting out a frustrated sigh. "Why are you holding the gun? Why did you take it from the... the man?" Reassurance couldn't help Aaliyah believe anything at this point. From how much she had been thinking, staring at Kory's body, nothing felt believable anymore. She was rethinking all the promises Zeke made to her when they were in the lab.He promised to protect her. He promised to tell her everything.

Zeke didn't respond, a shaky exhale escaping his lips. It seemed he was thinking, for he was staring at something behind Aaliyah.

"What are you staring at?" she urged, blinking away angry tears. Aaliyah drifted her glare to the gun Zeke was tightly holding, his finger visibly twitchy on the trigger. "Zeke?" her voice softened; a tremble hidden in her words. She looked back up at him, meeting his gaze.

"Just believe me." Zeke's eyes were filled with unreleased tears. He dropped the gun, kicking it away. "I'm so sorry, Aaliyah, but please believe me." he pleaded. Aaliyah stared at him, her once angry stare had turned into something softer; pity was in her tearful eyes.

She didn't want to believe him, not one bit. But what else could she believe? She found it impossible for Zeke to murder someone, let alone Kory.

"You know I would believe you. I can't bring myself to hate you, Zeke." Her voice lowered. "Just leave me alone for now."