Ten - Kory

It was late at night, everyone was in their designated tents: Ophelia and Konrad in one tent, Raymond by himself, Zeke, Aaliyah and Kory all in one tent. Thankfully it was a big tent, a fair size for three.

Kory was tossing and turning, sighing and sniffling. He was sick, and he didn't want to wake Aaliyah up to heal his sickness.

He wanted Zeke.

Kory turned to look at Zeke, only to see him cuddled up with Aaliyah, looking cozy as ever. He felt jealousy cover his mind. Why does he even like her? She's not that special. Thoughts were racing in his head, digging his bitten nails into his delicate skin. He felt his nails pierce his skin, only leaving temporary red scratch marks.

Why does he like her? Am I not good enough? Was I not a good friend to him?

Friend. The words sounded unclear, incorrect to Kory.

Not friends. Something more.

What was it?

Kory didn't like Zeke, like that. That's a sin. Homosexuality is a sin, that's what they told us. It's wrong.

But what could Kory's feelings be interpreted as?

Kory knew.

He liked Zeke, he loved him.

He can't confess this, Kory couldn't tell this to anyone. What would they say? They'd see him as a sinner, an abomination in God's image.

A sinner, Kory was.

Has he always been this way?