Walls of the Heart

The Fractured Love: Part Five – Walls of the Heart

"In the chambers of the heart, walls are built not to keep love in, but to keep pain out

"In the chambers of the heart, walls are built not to keep love in, but to keep pain out. Yet it’s the same walls that often trap us in our darkest desires."

Aiza’s footsteps echoed through the dimly lit hallway as she made her way to Raahil’s apartment once more. The late-night air was thick with the weight of her unspoken thoughts, and every step felt like a final decision—a descent deeper into the darkness she could no longer avoid. Each time she had returned to Raahil, a piece of her moral compass shattered. Yet, she couldn’t stop herself, couldn’t resist the pull of the dangerous connection that bound them together.

Her world was falling apart, but Raahil’s presence felt like the only constant in the chaos. It wasn’t love—she knew that now. Whatever they shared was far more primal, rooted in something darker. Lust, obsession, need—none of it was pure. It was raw, destructive, but it filled the emptiness inside her in a way nothing else could.

Karan had all but disappeared from her life. Since the night of their final fight, he had refused to see her, speak to her, or acknowledge her existence. He had been her rock for so long, the stable force in her chaotic life, and now that he was gone, she felt adrift. Alone.

She knocked on Raahil’s door, her knuckles brushing the hard wood with a trembling urgency. The door creaked open a few moments later, revealing Raahil’s disheveled form. His eyes were shadowed, his expression unreadable, but as always, there was that unmistakable flicker of something dark lurking beneath the surface.

“You’re late,” he muttered, stepping aside to let her in.

Aiza didn’t bother with pleasantries. She walked in, shutting the door behind her, and turned to face him. The silence between them was heavy, thick with the weight of their complicated history. She could feel the tension, the unspoken words hanging in the air like ghosts.

“I had to work late,” she finally said, though they both knew it wasn’t the real reason.

Raahil’s lips curled into a sardonic smile, but there was no warmth in it. “You’re a

 “You’re a