Chapter 1: Why?

Every day, there's a little note on my bed, or my desk or locker, and I can't figure out who's putting them there. Every time I find one, it talks about how much the writer adores me, every single aspect of me, in the most poetic way ever. They keep making my heart race.

Yet I can never get a hint at who it is, they always sign off with "Zumi". It's a cute name, and I'm sure it's a cute person who writes these, but the name doesn't fit with anyone I know. It could be a kid in another class, I know our class has a lot of haters and admirers from the many battles my class had been in, but I don't think they would know where my dorm is.

Either way, I don't understand why they like me. I'm not even that special.

I have to know who it is. I just need to.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, shitty hair!" Bakugo's rough voice broke me out of my thoughts, and I looked over to him. "Oh, hey Bakugo. What's up?" "It's the end of class. You looked like you were out of it, but anyways," He responded, to which I checked the time. He was right, it was the end of class. I stood up and packed away my stuff, before walking with him to our lockers.

We reached the lockers, and to no one's surprise, there was another note. Though, I hadn't talked about it with anyone, so I immediately put the note in my pocket before Bakugo could see it. We walked to the dorms and I went to mine straight away, with the excuse that I had some homework due soon. I very much didn't, I was going to read the note.

I entered my dorm and flopped onto my bed, sighing. It had been such a long day, and I was excited to read the note. They always distracted me from my good and bad days, I loved them so much. I opened the letter to find a very sweet paragraph about me.

Dear Kirishima,

Every day I see you, my heart is filled with love, and I appreciate every bit about you even more.

Especially today, you looked so amazing for no reason, even though we didn't do any training. Your hair looked slightly darker, which added to its radiance, and your smile got brighter every time I had the pleasure of seeing it.

I'm sorry to repeat myself, but I can't help it. I can't stop looking at you in class, no matter how hard I try. Your bright red atmosphere just sticks out to me all the time, it gives me the most childish smile every time I know you're in the same room as me.

As you know, I can never bring myself to tell you this in person, but I love you so, so much.

Love,
Zumi <3

My heart was swelling with happiness, as it always is after I read this. I kept reading the note over and over, memorizing it so I can think about it during class. I then realized I was still in the uncomfortable UA uniform, and quickly changed into a comfy tanktop and shorts.

I still don't know why this person writes about me so dearly, but I love them too.