Chapter 6: Loveless

I feel like I've betrayed Zumi. 

I've started to like this guy in class 1-B, his name is Tetsutetsu. He has a similar quirk to mine, and I can't help but stare during our joint training sessions. I like him so much, but he's never even batted an eye at me. Yet I still like him.

But I love Zumi so much, they talk and admire all of my features in the best way possible. The only thing that holds me back is the fact that: I don't know who it is. And I can't get any hints of who it is either, so I'm just going to give up. I'm going to try and move on from them, and focus on another person.

Which is what I did. I'll start to date this guy, so I can ignore the fact that I'm never going to be with the love of my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I was walking to my dorm when I noticed my old friends, or Bakugo and Ashido specifically, standing by my dorm door. How many fucking times do I have to tell them I don't want to be friends or talk to them? I opened my dorm and shut the door immediately, as they start berating me on dropping them and making Kaminari upset. I could give less of a shit about them, they shouldn't have been talking about me like that.

I locked the door and went to sit at my desk, starting to work on some homework for English. I was about halfway done when thoughts of Tetsutetsu flooded into my head, and I smiled and blushed. I stopped to think thoroughly about him, what life could be like if we dated, and similar things. Then it made me think of Zumi, and the flushed, smiling face drained from me. I'm trying so hard to forget about them, to forget about the one thing I can never have, but I just can't seem to do it. I've tossed aside their letters into that drawer where I keep them, they're just constant reminders.

I shook my head clear and continued to work on my English, remembering it was due tomorrow, and the sad fact of never getting who I want slipped off my mind. I finally finished and put it into my bag, before settling onto my bed. I placed the usual note into the area they usually are and scrolled through my phone as I waited to go down for dinner.

-------------------------------------------------------------

At dinner, I was talking to my friends when Jirou brought up the topic of crushes. Most said they didn't like anyone or they already dating someone, until it came to me. "Kiri, do you like anyone?" Tsu asked, and I flushed red and looked down at my food. "Uh, yeah, someone in 1-B..." I muttered in response, and everyone started to press me about it. I tried to avoid each question, but they eventually got me to say it. "I-it's... Tetsutetsu..." I said shyly, and everyone kept gushing about how perfect we would be together, which somewhat shocked me. The last time I tried to bring up a crush before the whole love-note thing with my old friends, they just shut it out and said it was stupid.

We continued on with another topic and moved away from my crush, but it seemed like Izuku was a lot more down. I asked him if he was okay and he nodded his head, saying he was just tired. I had this aching feeling in my chest, but I didn't know why. Afterwards, we cleaned up dinner and played some board games, to which Izuku went to bed. It was pretty early, but I didn't ask any questions because he was tired.

I ended up going to bed an hour and a half later, relieved to see that I wasn't going to get bombarded by Ashido and Bakugo again.

After tonight, I think I had the confidence to tell Tetsutetsu I like him. I at least want a chance with him.