Chapter 8

Just as I began to take my decision to leave my house to look for him, the sound of a key turning in the lock jolted me from my thoughts. The door swung open, and there he was-, looking disheveled and weary, his shirt slightly torn and stained with crimson. His previous wound was reopened and there was a small cut in his right temple.

"Hi Rose!" he smiled.

"What..." I gasped, stepping aside to let him in. "What happened?"

I closed my door tight and he sat on the couch.

"You have made a good plan indeed from cameras to following me" he said with a sigh.

I didn't reply and ran to grab first aid kit again. He continued,

"They are after you vividly after you used 100% of your brain investigating on me thinking me as a criminal. You are their next target. How am I supposed to save you when you are this reckless?"

"At least I could learn things that you would never tell" I replied.

"You literally have one brain cell unless no person can actually jump into danger like you do" he said walking behind me.

"Do I look like a cat that I have one brain cell?"

"I wish you were a cat, Rose...I can hide you easily without getting tracked" he sighed.

Ignoring his words, I made him sit and sat beside.

"Hold still", I said softly, trying to keep my voice steady as I opened the kit. I pulled out antiseptic wipes and gauze, my breath hitching slightly when I saw the wound reopened on his arm. It was deep, a jagged cut that had bled more than I had initially realized.

I dabbed the antiseptic on the cut, and he flinched, a low hiss escaping his lips."Sorry", I murmured

"Will you pay attention to my words please?" he asked.

"What words?"

"You are the target Rose...you can be ki...harmed" his throat tightened.

"Oh"

" "Oh"! That's all you got to say?" he frowned

"Then what? Should I drench your shirt with my tears and get panic attacks?"

"You are so annoying" he sighed.

"Thanks but you are more"

"By the way, is that Alex Rewar 6 feet?" he asked.

"No" I frowned finishing my work bandaging his wound again

"Is he so handsome?"

"I mean kinda"

Not as much as you. No one can be 1% of attractive like you are. I thought in mind and I knew I wouldn't say it loud ever.

"Is he like your fictional men that you can't get himself out of your head?" he asked pointing towards my bookshelves.

"Not at all"

"Then out of so many guys in your class, why did you have to talk to him?" he asked frustratedly.

"Why? Jealousy again?" I rolled my eyes.

"Jealousy my foot...I am telling because I can't get to know anything about him...Also in the web, he is in, he can get killed if he really..."

"Loves me" I finished as he couldn't.

"Yes and there should be no denial because I have heard the "You care for me" scene" he replied

"You are following me again"

"You follow troubles and I follow you to reach to the troubles"

"Whatever" I said getting up and he caught my wrist.