Chapter 11

Erik's Pov

I didn’t leave her the entire night and was right at the door of her room watching her sleeping.  I didn’t know why she was looking so innocent and pure while sleeping. I couldn’t admit that I wanted to keep looking at her. But I know I had to let her go. Matthew was right back there. She was my weakness or else I would never sacrifice my sleep standing still for the entire night to watch over someone unless it was a criminal.

The quote was right which said,

"Once you open your heart, you can't close it back. You can't close it again"

I didn’t come in front of her the next day. But I kept watching her when she was having breakfasts and studying also. I arranged all her academic books and story books here as well. She was stunned when Professor Maxilini was leaving the house. She stumbled watching her. Obviously how would she suppose to react watching a dead person alive. Maxilini tackled the situation well by calming her down making her understand the necessity of things that had to be done for betterment.

I had arranged a place for Maxilini in another country. She did a sacrifice by playing along and she deserved a calm retirement life.

After watching Rose going to her room, I know all she needed her books, snacks and that room of her that I customised for her by investigating her preferences. She wouldn’t be out before dinner though I warned guards to be alerted and sent all the maids out as many people around meant trouble. You didn’t know anyone’s correct intention.

I spent my time in my study room till the evening until I got a call from Matthew, the only person I could call my friend in this dangerous world of mine. They needed me. I had my t-shirt on so I just put on my jacket adjusting hoodie and my signature black mask. Guns were always with me.

The night was thick with tension as I crouched behind a stack of crates in the warehouse. I had planned this operation meticulously, gathering intel for weeks, but the adrenaline-fueled chaos of the moment threatened to unravel everything I had worked for. We were supposed to catch the bastards running their illegal operations here, but everything had spiraled out of control.

My men moved through the shadows, ready to execute our plan, but the moment we made our move, it became clear that we had underestimated our targets. The warehouse erupted into a flurry of movement—gunfire.

It was a deadly war before they escaped. My blood boiled but there was nothing to do. My men started searching the warehouse for anything that could be helpful later when I heard a sound– a soft sound of sobbing or whimpers.

As I turned the corner, I froze.

There, huddled in the corner of the warehouse, was a little girl. She couldn't have been more than five or six years old, her eyes wide with fear. She was shivering, her small frame trembling violently as she pressed herself against the cold concrete wall. The sight of her sent a pang of guilt through me. I had come here to bring criminals to justice, but what had I stumbled upon?

One of my mates saw her too and went near and shook her,

"Hey? Who are you?" his voice was so rough making her scared much that I feared that she might faint or cry aloud. My heart clenched but I couldn’t say to stop. They couldn’t know that I had a heart.

"Matthew you guys go away to follow the next lead. I will handle this matter"

Matthew came near to me so that the others couldn’t hear us.

"Don’t be an emotional fool Erik. I know you want to take her but don’t. You already have one problem at home"

"At My home" I replied sternly.