Chapter 6

I was walking thinking about the Mr.Weirdo Blackwood.

Riyana was having a walk with his boyfriend Jonathon. I quickly passed them after my annoying encounter with Blackwood. I pretended as if I didn't notice them but hid again to overheard. I couldn't forget that Jonathon was the one who insisted inviting me to the party. Riyana was shocked by the gunfire and he was kinda babying her. I didn't know why I despise romantic sentiments and sometimes crave for it.

"Jonathon you don't know my heart is still racing...what if any of us would be the next" she said.

"Darling, why're you afraid so much?" he chuckled.

"Do you miss me if I die?" she asked. A typical cringe girlfriend...I sighed.

"That's the 7th time I'm saying that I would die without you" he said....Liar I thought. If she died, he would fall in love with another girl, marry her and then have kids while she would be beneath the soil forgotten. Life couldn’t be like a movie or I am simply devoid of any emotion.

"Why the hell is happening nowadays?" Riyana sighed...I never saw that bully girl utterly broken before.

"Because of that bastard Detective...he's the reason behind all these...don't worry love" he pacified her.

"What're you saying?"

"Yes...don't you know...Jason uttered his name just before dying " Jonathon said bitterly.

My heart skipped a beat and I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation.

I went back to my house. And luckily a delivery boy was there with my gift in his hand. My brother is the best at his works undoubtedly though we hardly talk.

I took it and went to my room. I didn't care who's watching or not. I opened the box in my washroom as I wouldn't be surprised if there were cctvs in my room or I was overthinking. Anyways, there was a beautiful dress. But that wasn't the gift. Inside the dress there was a small cctv camera and an audio device in size of a bee . I could use it as a button of my top or sey anywhere and saw everything on my phone.

I changed my dress too and got out clutching that.

I got down and kneeled to a flower tub as if picking a flower and carefully set two devices up in a branch so that I could see the mysterious men at night on my phone. I needed to see their faces. I couldn't complain a report to the police just to get killed while they got busy in finding evidences.

At night, the first unexpected thing was a message from Blackwood.

"This is my number. Call me if you are in any danger. Don't message or call me otherwise"

I stared at the message with an evil smile and then turned the live video on which was getting recorded. They were now visible. They weren't those two in the cafe. They were changed. Now both had those sniper guns and muscled, mustached and black men.

"Sir had made us doing nothing" one man said.

"She isn't even a criminal then why to follow her everywhere"

I grasped.

"Maybe he has some other motives.... He is mysterious"

Then the man said, "Sir's a bit disturbed as his best mate died today. He might come here as well"

Alex...I thought. Is that meant that Sir is Alex but he is...but why.

"Sir said that she thought him as a normal detective only..."

They were 100% talking about Blackwood. But his friend died...when?

Both man laughed.

The only one thing was a relief that these men weren't there to kill me rather protect me. But surprisingly, people were passing them without even concerning. Maybe they were thinking that any celebrity lived here. People were way busy in life apart from me who was investigating aimlessly.