0 | Where is my mate?

| Elliott |

"Do you ever wonder where your mate is?" My best friend, Ash, asked.

It was a Wednesday night, we were sitting on his bed, watching the show called Teen Wolf for a few laughs.

It was fun watching shows that humans created of the werewolves, some were good while others were crap.

"All the time, I wonder what kind of person they are, their scent and how it would be to meet them. I have always dreamed of my mate, to have a person that you are destined to be with, a person who can love you when you can't love yourself." I explained in great thought.

But I mostly thought about the mating process, where you must first accept your mate, then sleep with them, and finally mark them.

It's a special moment because once the mates have accepted each other, the bond is unbreakable.

"Damn, that's deep. But you have already come of age for a wolf, you are eighteen, yet you haven't met your mate, aren't you afraid that your inner wolf will disappear?" My best friend questioned, not glossing over his words.

I turned eighteen two weeks ago, but I haven't found my mate so far, even if I lived in a town that was a secret society for werewolves.

When a wolf comes of age, the moment they turn eighteen, they can find their mate, but both of the mates have to be over the age of eighteen.

Usually, you can find our mate either by scent, which other wolves can't smell only you, or by eye contact, which is like a spark of electricity that rushes through your body.

I forced a smile on my face, which felt heavy. "I'm terrified of not finding my mate, and losing my wolf, but I know that everyone finds their mate in the end..."

I wanted to laugh at myself because two weeks passed since my birthday. It was already autumn, my senior year of high school.

All I have been doing these past weeks is to stare into people's eyes, searching for my mate, but there was no spark nor a scent.

Though, if you don't find your mate within a certain timeframe, your inner wolf will go into a deep slumber until the day you find your mate.

That's what happened to my step-brother, Damian Reed. He turned eighteen four years ago, but he hasn't found his mate yet.

It's a secret in the family that his wolf has gone to sleep, he can't transform into a wolf, which threatens his position as the future alpha.

"Keep that positive thinking because you're going to need it since people in the pack gossip about you," Ash says, patting me on the shoulder.

"Who are gossiping about me?" I asked out of curiosity.

My best friend is also a wolf. He turned eighteen nine months ago, but he had not found his mate and was not concerned about the fact.

"You know what the elderly in the pack say: Oh! Such a cute omega hasn't found his mate yet! What a tragedy!" My best friend mimicked an elderly woman from the pack.

"They can gossip how much they want about me, I don't care. The only thing I care about is to find my mate, who's probably an Alpha, since omegas and alphas usually tend to be mates." I yawned.

I glanced at the clock, and it was already past ten o'clock, which meant that I needed to head home.

I could stay longer since my stepfather and my mother are on a vacation, but I wanted to sleep in my cozy large bed.

"Hopefully your mate has deep pockets! They could drive us around and buy us food." Ash says with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Is that why you want me to find a mate? So that they can become our personal sugar daddy." I laughed, standing up from the bed and putting on my hoodie.

"It's going to be our sugar daddy. I won't be able to give them sugar, but I can dance and clean?" He winks while I roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I chuckle, standing up from the bed.

I wave goodbye to my best friend, heading out of his room, even saying farewell to his parents who are in the living room.

I make my way outside, taking my bicycle and heading home. I could transform into my wolf and run home, but my clothes always get ripped off.

It takes about fifteen minutes by bike as I enter a gated community where the Alpha of the pack, my stepfather, lives, along with a few pack members like the Beta.

I get off my bike once I'm in the driveway of the two-story modern gray house, that's massive and has large windows.

But I halt in my steps when I catch the eye of my stepbrother's black sports car, a Lamborghini which he had bought for himself.

I internally groaned because we don't have the best relationship, we don't fight or bully each other, but we never talk, we always avoid each other like the plague.

If my stepbrother is here, it means that he's here to babysit me for an entire month.

He's going to babysit me for the rest of the month since today is October 1st.

I hadn't seen him for over two weeks since my birthday party because he attended college, majoring in business as he's going to take over the family business and the pack from his father.

I placed the bicycle against the house, making my way inside by quietly opening the door to the home.

I stepped into the hallway, but the house was quiet. I tiptoed into the living room, since there were a few sounds coming from there.

I peeked into the spacious and modern living room, where everything was either white or gray.

There were two people on the couch, a guy was sitting on the couch with a girl on top of him.

Damian sat on the couch, his dark pants and boxers were to his ankles because there was a naked girl on top of him.

"Ohhh fuckkkk, Damian..." The girl moaned, moving her hips against his thick dick.

Damian was holding her hips in a harsh grip as the sound of skin slapping echoed in the living room along with their moans.

Naturally I would ignore them, sneak past the couple, but this time I almost fell on the floor since there was a heavy and masculine scent coming from Damian.

Damian is covered in the heavy earthly scent of sandalwood, it was strong and intoxicating.

"Mate." My inner wolf says in my head, taking me by surprise.

My eyes were glued to Damian, who was my mate, but he was on the couch with a naked girl on top of him.

I have no idea when I had begun to cry, but when I saw a few teardrops land on the floor, I knew that my heart was breaking in two.

My step-brother was my mate, it was forbidden since we were family by law. But he was also a man whore, sleeping around with girls left and right.

He didn't believe in mates, he hated the idea of them, unlike me, who had always dreamt of having a mate, but now those dreams are ruined.

"Mate."

"Mate."

"Mate."

"Mate." My wolf continues on to plead in my mind, my wolf is hurt, but he also wants his mate.

I can't stand to watch them anymore, turning away from them and making my way out of the house, wishing that I didn't have a mate anymore.

What the hell was the moon goddess thinking?

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

This is my first time writing a wolf book? But I try my best, wish me luck😼

Warning about this book: Dark Romance, Sexual scenes, Mpreg, Violence, Murder, Torture, Angst, Dark themes.