੭﹕ ̊.𖥔 ݁ │ 𝑫𝑰𝑮 𝑫𝑼𝑮

IT FELT LIKE time had passed when you stayed the night over Joyce's house, you were squished between killian and mike, the both of them having their arms wrapped around you— until will jerked awake, gasping for breath

"Will, what's wrong?" You asked with concern while rubbing your tired eyes, he turned to you, clearly scared.

ᯓ⟡

El sits across from his aunt, staring at his mom who was sitting in the rocking chair— rocking back and forth as she kept mumbling 'rainbow room' and etc.

"Can you tell me where you came from?" His aunt asks. "Where you've been all this time?"

Eleven didn't hear her as he continued watching his mom, a saddened look on his face as he couldn't help but frown— he didn't like seeing her this way.

"A policeman and a woman came looking for you last year." His aunt says. "Did they find you?"

"She won't get better..." El trails off, "will she?"

"They don't think so, no." His aunt answers. "But she's not in any pain. she's just stuck, they think. like in a dream. a long dream."

"A good dream?" El questions.

His aunt nods slightly. "I hope so."

Eleven sighs as his gaze lowered towards the table, a frown making its way onto his lips. "Is it the same dream?"

"We don't know." Becky— his aunt, answers. "Sometimes she says different words. but usually those."

A tear slips down el's eye, he rubbed a tired hand over his face, shaking his head. Becky reached forward and placed her hand on his.

"She always believed that you were out there." Becky says. "She always believed that you'd come home one day."

"Home?" El questions.

Becky nods. "Yeah, home."

El seemed a bit unsure since he already felt at home with you and his friends but— he didn't know what to choose.

ᯓ⟡

El makes his way into a room, seeing it being colored a light blue, he also saw a crib which made him tilt his head— walking past becky he made his way towards the crib and reached inside, looking down at the teddy bear he grabbed while tilting his head.

"Pretty." El mumbled.

"I can get you a real bed, and you can stay here with me," Becky tells him. "If you want. how's that sound?"

El takes some time to think about it before he nodded in agreement.

"I wanna help you, but to really do that, I need you to talk to me, okay?" Becky says to him. "Doesn't have to be now. doesn't have to be today. but when you're ready. okay?"

"Okay." El replies, but then he looked over his shoulder when he saw the lights flickering. He makes his way past her to get a better look.

"Oh, yeah, that." Becky spoke. "That happens sometimes. old house, bad wiring-- or if you ask my crazy aunt shirley, it's...haunted."

El follows the flickering lights.

"Sweetie, really, it's just the wiring." Becky says.

El shakes his head. "No. It's mom." he replied softly as he kneeled down in front of his mom, wiping the blood away from her nose.

"I don't understand." Becky stuttered, confused.

"She knows I'm here." El finishes, watching as the channels on the tv started to changed. "She wants to talk."

ᯓ⟡

Eleven opens his eyes inside the void, in the distance, he saw his mom still rocking back and forth in the rocking chair. He slowly makes his way towards her, "mom? mom, it's me...Jeremiah." he trails off.

"I'm here now." El continues. "I'm home."

"No." He could hear his mom say as she grabbed his wrist. Suddenly his eyes opened, as el opened his eyes— there was nothing there.

"Mom?" El called out, turned around when he saw his mom staggering— she looked to be a lot younger during this.

His mom falls to the ground and he runs over to her with worry, "mom? mom? w--what do I do?" he asks with panic.

He then hears becky's voice, causing him to turn to her— she looked to be younger here too.

Then, he started getting these weird memories.

His mom eventually lets go of his wrist and el quickly yanks off the blindfold around his eyes, coming back to reality.

He stares at his mom in disbelief, his hands shaking as becky reaches over and consoles him.

What was that...

END OF CHAPTER FIVE