Flashback

Feeling the warmth of the sun pressed against her skin, Azzi's eyes slowly began to flutter open to realize the emptiness beside her. Staring for a moment, it always sank in in the morning that she was alone, that she was no longer occupying the spot beside her in the bed. Closing her eyes, Azzi would wish to play pretend, so that for at least one part of the day things would be as they were. Opening her eyes to her false reality, Azzi dreamed her to life as she lay beside her in the bed that was supposed to be theirs. She'd give her the faintest of smiles before reaching out to caress her face, wanting to touch what she thought was a mirage of beauty. In that moment, Azzi felt whole and complete, like it was where she was supposed to be. Closing her eyes once more, Azzi came back to the reality of it all being just a dream. Rolling over onto her back, Azzi groaned she stared up at the ceiling as she lay sprawled out in the bed.

Wait, can you turn around, can you turn around?
Just wait, can we work this out, can we work this out?
Just wait, can you call me please? 'Cause I wanna be with you
Oh, wait, can you turn around, can you turn around?
Just wait, can we work this out, can we work this out?
Just wait, can you call me please? 'Cause I wanna be with you

Running off the screen, Paige caught the ball at the top of key before she quickly rose up to nail the jump shot. Hearing the roar of excitement from her teammate, Hailey quickly embraced the blonde as Paige's other Olympic teammates all embraced in the middle of the court as they celebrated advancing to the next round. Talking with the media, Paige would embrace the commentary of her being back and the comeback season she was due to have. Once the camera's faded away and she was alone with her family, Paige sulked into her mother's embrace as it all seemed so taxing to try to be okay, when she was at her peak. It all should've felt amazing, it should've felt like everything she remembered it to be, but it didn't. It all felt so different being back in the sport that she loved so dearly, as it held a different spot in her life now, something she'd have to figure out.

Can we talk for a moment?
Got these feelings that I'm tired of holding on
Wasn't tryin' to get wasted
I needed more than three or four to say this, oh

Surrounded by a sea of boxes, Azzi looked on at all her stuff just wondering how she was going to get through all the boxes. It was only until this moment that Azzi remembered why she didn't like moving in the first place. Tying her hair up in a ponytail, Azzi prepared herself mentally to at least separate out the things she could. Wanting some bit of noise in the house, Azzi grabbed the remote to turn the television on to the Olympics coverage. Turning to one of the apps that had specific Olympic coverage, Azzi rewatched this mornings 3x3 game that had USA advancing on to the semi-finals round. Looking on at the blonde on the television screen longer than intended to, Azzi was torn out of reverie by the sound of the microwave going off.

Let me apologize, yeah
I'll make up, make up, make up, make up for all those times (all those times)
Your love, I don't wanna lose
I'm beggin', beggin', beggin', beggin', I'm begging you

Walking out towards the hotel pool, taking advantage of the down time in between practices, Paige sat out by the pool with her lap top in hand. Sitting in one of the loungers, Paige sat as she quickly checked her emails to catch up on what she'd been missing. Seeing the numerous emails from UCONN Athletics, questioning her about her rooming assignment confirmation, Paige paused for a moment as she wasn't sure she was ready to address subject. With all that happened, Paige had let the coaching staff that there was a possibility that she may enter the transfer portal. Of course didn't push for an answer, but Geno let it be known to her that whatever she was running from, it would follow her wherever she went. But it was all still so undecided and kept private for the most part as Paige didn't want a circus surrounding her decision. There were a few schools that she had reached out to, but she had requested that the matter be handled privately. Closing out her email screen, Paige was immediately met with a screensaver that showed a picture of her and Azzi together. Looking on at the picture, Paige could remember that moment so vividly, which made things even worse as she still suffered from a broken heart. In her head, she knew she should close the laptop and end the enduring pain that came, but her body wouldn't let her. It was betraying her desire for it all to end, and all she could do was relive the memory, running it through her head time after time.