If you need to be mean.

Charlotte's POV :

I was sorting out the baby room for when the other remembers of staff and parents started to arrive. I took down the chairs from the table and cleaned any extra mess up.

I hummed softly to myself, finding the silence rather upsetting. I was too distracted to notice Marjorie making her way in. She didn't seem to realise I was here so early either. It's not like she pays attention to me in anyway.

"Charlotte? " Marjorie called from the doorway. I turned around. "Hm? " I hummed. I felt bad about everything. I cared for Marjorie, I really do. I am trying to rebuild our relationship.

"What are you doing here so early? " Marjorie asked, she seemed on edge while around me. She seemed almost scared I might snap at her again. That shows how much she cares about me.

"I am always early, so I can set up the rooms to make everyone's jobs a bit easier. " I exclaimed as I watched Marjorie carefully.

"There's no need to lie, I have never seen you this early. " Marjorie started, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, maybe you would see me if you weren't always in your office 24/7." I said.

"What is it with you and having to always bring that up? Just because MY job involves me being stuck a room to do computer work and papers doesn't mean I don't work as hard as you. Actually, I work harder than you. All you do is complain. " Marjorie scowled.

I just let her rant on, I stopped listening until she started screaming going on a full temper tantrum. She narrowed her eyes seeing that I didn't reply. "What is wrong with you Charlotte. " She snapped. That hit me like a bullet to the heart. My eyes widened slightly. Is something wrong with me?

Marjorie seemed to realize what she said had actually hurt and her expression softened. "Char- I am so sorry, I have just been so upset recently. "

"No, no it's fine. If you need to be mean , be mean to me. I can take it. " I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Char-" She started.

"No, I need to finish the rooms. Can you please leave? I need some space. " I said as Marjorie just nodded and walked away. I took a shaky breath.