The special guest (Part 2)

Charlotte's POV:

I pulled my arm from this parent. I quickly composed myself and smiled. "Hello! What's up? " I asked.

"I don't mean to be a gossiper but-" She said and I sighed.

"But you are , aren't you? " I asked, crossing my arms over rmy chest.

"Well... Anyways, I heard from a little WhatsApp group that you and your husband divorced? " The mother said.

I bit my tongue and nodded for her to continue. "I'm just disappointed that you couldn't stay to work it out. But I have some advice that I think would really help you. " She continued. I felt my heart shatter. Does she even know how much courage it can take to break what you spent years building?

"I am sorry, what? " I spat, narrowing my eyes.

"I'm just saying that you should've stayed to try and fix it. You just took the safer route. " She narrowed her eyes back.

"Do you know how much courage it takes to divorce someone? To break the years of trust and love? To turn away from that? Do you understand how I felt during my marriage? No. No you don't. Because you aren't me. I tried, believe me, I tried to fix it. I really did. I failed and I know I did. My marriage wasn't for me. I am proud, proud of myself for leaving and I can't have someone like YOU make me regret that. " I snapped. "AND this is none of your business so you have absolutely NO say in this." I finished, tears forming in my eyes.

I turned away from the mother before she could respond and got into my car. I closed the car door and locked it. I threw my stuff down onto the passenger seat. I rested my head on the steering wheel as tears poured down my face. I sobbed into the steering wheel. I wiped my tears away, my vision blurry.

A/N
Situationsilly THERE YA GO! HAPPY?? Please ignore how badly written this was 😔.