Pilot

It’s a cloudy morning. The southern breeze is blowing, and the weather is quite cool. There couldn’t be a better day for Shyna to start working. She loves this kind of overcast day. Waking up in the morning, she sips a cup of hot coffee while looking at the peaceful street and trees outside. Today, the road seems a bit quieter than usual—perhaps because of last night’s heavy rain. Otherwise, where would you find such calm on this road? As she takes another sip of coffee, she hears a sound behind her. Turning around, she sees that her roommate is still asleep, sprawled across the bed. Glancing at the alarm clock, she notices that it’s been turned off for a while. Raita is mumbling something in her sleep. Coming a bit closer, Shyna hears the words:

Raita: “Uff!… What a handsome guy! Are there really guys like this in the world? I’ll marry him for sure. Oh, what a scene! He’s coming on a horse to take me away!”

Shyna gets a little irritated.

Shyna: “Ugh, look at this! Even in her sleep, she’s mumbling nonsense! What do I even do with her? Raita, hey Raita, get up! How long are you going to sleep? The bus is already on its way… Ugh, my God, what do I do with this girl?!” (speaks loudly)

Raita: “Uaa… huh… what? What the he'll? Who wakes someone up like this?”

Shyna: “Alright, fine, I won’t try to wake you anymore. You keep sleeping. I’m going to school alone. And if the teacher asks, I’ll tell him you’re still sleeping.”

Raita: “Okay, okay, why are you so angry? Can’t you chill a bit? Just like me.”

Shyna: “Yeah, and if I start acting like you, who’s going to take care of me? Plus you!!” (says being annoyed)

Raita: “Uff! Okay, okay, wait for me.”

Raita freshens up in the washroom and comes out.

Shyna: “Your coffee is on the table.” (says being grumpy)

Raita: “Um....thank you. But I’m still mad at you. I was so angry. If you hadn’t woken me up, my dream prince would’ve taken me away today. Ahh!” (says being excited)

Shyna: “Ugh! Your dreams are as dramatic as you. Are you going to get ready or not?”

Raita quickly eats her breakfast and gets ready. The two of them leave the house together and stand on the street. The bus stop is just a short distance down the road on the right side, so they start walking in that direction.

They aren’t just roommates; they’re best friends. Since childhood, they’ve been together, but they’re complete opposites. Shyna is always serious, worried about her life, her career, her day-to-day routine, and everything else. She’s a very strict girl who doesn’t like to share her feelings with anyone. She follows rules and regulations religiously—an absolute perfectionist. On the other hand, Raita, no matter what happens in the world or how big the problem is, never forgets to smile.Her life motto is Aamir Khan’s famous dialogue from the movie 3 Idiots: "All is well." Yes, she is very filmy. She would spend all day at home, watching new movies, laughing, crying, and doing all sorts of things by herself. She is always lost in her own fantasies, dreaming about marrying her so-called dream prince. She praises her dream prince so much in her sleep, but as soon as she wakes up, she forgets his face. Shyna secretly smiles at all these silly things Raita does. Even in her seriousness and tension, Raita manages to bring a smile to Shyna’s face.

By then, they reach the bus stop while walking together. That’s when they notice that the bus is leaving because they are just five minutes late.

Both of them starts running towards the bus: "Hey! Wait, wait! We’re still here! Stop, driver, stop!"