Silent Sparks ✨

For a moment, their world seems to freeze, but it doesn't last long. Shyna goes inside the house, and Kenan heads towards the cars.

Six cars are parked in front of the house. Three of them are for the family members, two for Jarif’s friends, and the last one will carry all the essentials. Outside the cars, Apel and Jisan are loading gifts, while Nina is checking the list. At that moment, Kenan steps out from the gate.

Safa sees him first.

Safa: "Dada, you’re here?" *jumps in excitement*
(She runs to give him a hug, and everyone else joins in to greet him.)

Rehan: "Dada, when did you arrive? Weren’t you supposed to have an exam?"

Nirob: "Yeah, how did you suddenly…"

Kenan: "Hm… I lied about the exam because I wanted to surprise you all. It's been so long since I’ve seen everyone. All together—feels like Eid, not just a wedding, Mashallah."

Tithi: "Alright, let’s exchange pleasantries later. We still need to head to the bride’s house. Come on, everyone, get in the car. Kenan, join us."

Ayan: "No, Dada will come with us."

Apel: "You kids! What business do you have with the grown-ups?"

Lithi: "First of all, you’re not grown-up, Apel bhaiya, you guys are older citizens as cousins (teasingly). Secondly, Dada, Nahid bhaiya, and Rabbi bhaiya are our favorites. Unlike you, they are cool, so they’ll ride in our car."

Kenan: "Ah, stop it, everyone! I’m not going with any of you. I’ll go in the essentials car."

Labiba: "No, no, Dada, don’t do that! You barely visit once a year."

Kenan: "Now look at this! Everyone is pulling me from every side. Alright, listen—you may be kids, but you understand things better than most adults." *winks* (gesturing towards the elder cousins) (oiling the younger ones) "Here’s the plan: I’ll go with them now, and on the way back, I’ll come with you all. How does that sound?"

*Kenan leans closer and whispers something in Rehan’s ear*

Kenan: "On the way there, it won’t be much fun, you know. We’re going to someone’s house. But from the moment we get there and til we return home, it’ll be full-on fun. Deal?"

Rehan: "Deal!"

Kenan gets into the car with Apel bhai. Meanwhile, Shyna comes out with the flower bouquets. After placing the bouquets with rest of the gifts, she also gets into her car.

It’s 4:15. They start their journey to the bride’s house, reciting Allah's name (for good luck). The bride’s house isn’t far, just a village away from theirs.

(In the car)
Everyone is chatting, but Shyna, as usual, is lost in her thoughts. She doesn’t like to talk while traveling, and usually spends the entire trip looking out the window, deeply absorbing the surroundings, nature, and people around her. But today, something is different. She’s thinking about something with much seriousness.

Shyna’s POV:

"Who was that guy? I’ve never seen him before. Is he one of Jarif bhaiya’s friends? Umm… maybe! But what did I see? Were his eyes really blue? No, maybe he was just wearing lenses! But Bengali guys don’t usually wear lenses. So, are they natural? Why do I keep thinking about him since I saw him? Even when I try not to, his face keeps popping into my mind, and when I close my eyes, I can still see those blue eyes. Those eyes… there was something about them, like some kind of intoxication."

*Safa interrupts*

Safa: "Uh, Shyna! Why are you smiling to yourself?"

Shyna quickly pulls herself together and says: "I’m not! Why would I smile?"