Symphony Of Crossing Paths

*Kenan's phone ringing*
He picks it up-

Kenan: Hello!

Nahid: Hello, hey, where have you reached?

Kenan: Guess where. *says with a smirk*

Nahid: Look I don’t have time for your silly games, just quickly tell me where you are!

*Kenan gets his luggage out of the car and walks towards the gate.*

Kenan: I'm right at the house entrance.

Kenan enters the tent alley while talking to Nahid and suddenly bumps into a girl from behind.

Kenan: Uh, sorry, sorry!! *To Shyna*

He was so in a hurry that he didn’t even bother to see who he bumped into.

Kenan to Nahid," Man, who made this alley so narrow!"
Shyna (in her mind): What a rude type of sorry! He doesn't even turn around to see whether he bumped into a tree or a person. *says in anger* But he's right, the alley is really narrow. Anyways.

Shyna doesn't pay much attention and enters the courtyard.

Shyna's uncles are from a zamindar (landlord) family. In childhood, she heard stories that there used to be grand mansions here. But now, those mansions have been replaced by buildings. However, some remnants from that era still remain. For example: 3-4 large wells, the old stable walls, a huge mosque, and the big courtyard.

In one corner of the courtyard, a big stage is set up. The entire house is being decorated with lights. The little kids are fighting over flower baskets, while Safa and Labiba are painting alpana (traditional floor art) in the middle of the courtyard.

As soon as Safa and Labiba noticed Shyna, they run over to hug her.

Safa: Ah, my darling baby!!! Why are you so late?? There's been a buzz since last night, we really missed you. Do you know what happened? Labiba said she’s going to join us for huldi night't dance performance! Everyone was in shock, thinking someone as shy as her would say something like that.

Labiba: So what? If I don’t dance at our brother’s wedding, where else will I?
*Shyna laughs*

Hearing them talk, three more people came out from inside: Lithi, Rehan, and Ayan. They were so happy that everyone just started chatting right there. They got so absorbed in the conversation that Shyna didn’t even realize how time flew. Then, Shyna's (chhoto mami) aunt comes over and says, "Why are you still standing here! You came from so far, aren’t you going to freshen up?"

Labiba: Oh come on, Auntie, she just arrived, give her a moment.
Auntie: What moment? It’s already been half an hour since they arrived. She’s been standing here chatting while the others are done freshening up. Well I don’t care, I just want everyone at the dining table together, and if I don’t see everyone... * giving empty threats*

Auntie leaves.

Shyna: Oh no, I have to go now, or else we'll get scolded again!! Shyna goes to every washroom she knows about, but each one is already occupied.

Shyna: Oh god, it's really late now... what to do?

Safa: What’s up? You still haven’t taken a shower yet?

Shyna: Ugh, how will I? None of the washrooms are free!

Safa: If you're late again, you’ll get scolded. Do one thing—go to the room next to mine. That washroom might be free.

Shyna: Isn’t that room always locked?

Safa: Just because it used to be locked doesn’t mean that it remains locked always. Whenever dada (brother) comes home, he stays there. But today there’s a lot of people around so it has been opened. Just hurry up and go.