Cousins In The Club

Shyna is taking a rickshaw and heading towards Shalbon. After a while, she reaches home. Her father bought a flat on the 6th floor of Elen Tower a long time ago, and now they live there. Their ancestral home is in Mithapukur. Neither of Shyna's grandparents are alive, so they rarely visit the village. Shyna's father is a Colonel, but he no longer stays in Rangpur. For some special reason, he is currently posted in Dhaka. Her mother Mahira is a housewife, so she stays at the flat and looks after it. Even though her(S) mother lives alone, it's not much of a problem because her(M) older sister also lives in the neighboring flat.

"Knock knock"
Mahira (Mom) opens the door.

Shyna: Surprise!!!
Mother: What? You? Weren't you supposed to come tomorrow morning? Why are you here in this rain? You have exams coming up. If you catch a cold before the exams, I'll....

Shyna: Oh, come on! Did I come home after so long just to get scolded by you? Didn't you see I brought an umbrella? (says being annoyed) My whole surprise is ruined!

Her(S) cousins come running from inside;

Cousins together: Surprise!!!!

Shyna: Aaaaa! You guys!!! You're the real surprise!! (Shyna huges them tight) Greetings Khalamoni (aunties), you're here too! Wow! Today's going to be so much fun!!

Shyna's family is much larger compared to others. Although her(S) father has no siblings, her(s) mother has four sisters and one brother. Among them, there are seven children, all older than Shyna. The relationship between all the family members is excellent, so the kids also get along well. Shyna even has a good relationship with her(S) mother's cousin's children. Being the youngest, Shyna is especially adored. Since she doesn't have any siblings, her(S) cousins are like her own brothers and sisters.

Today, her(S) maternal cousins are visiting, along with her(S) eldest, middle, and youngest aunts.

Shyna freshens up.

Shyna: "Mom, I'm starving. And also where's Dad? Please don't tell me he's on duty and couldn't get leave!"

Mom: Here, the food is ready, sit down. And no, he didn't get leave yet. But don't worry, he said he'll get it soon, and as soon as he does, he'll come to see you.

Shyna: Oh. (Says in disappointment)

Everyone sits at the table and starts talking about various things. Suddenly, the middle aunt says: "Mahira, didn't Rafi vai (Mahira's cousin) invite you?"

Mom: Yes, he did.

Shyna: So, when's the wedding?

Youngest Aunt: The Huldi ceremony (before wedding reception) is the day after tomorrow, and the wedding is the day after that. There's an invitation for three days. In fact, we're supposed to leave a day early-tomorrow-because it's a long journey, you know.

Shyna: Oh, wow! So, we're all going, right? I mean, I don't see some of my cousins here.

Mom: No, they were invited too. But Shohini and Raiyan didn't get leave from work. And Ohon and Hussain have exams coming up. So, they..... But rest of us are going.

Shyna: Alright, so we have to leave tomorrow, right? I'll go pack my clothes quickly. It's going to be so much fun, Safa apuuu (sis), I'm coming!

Mom: Hey, at least finish your food before you...! Ah who listens to me!

She quickly finishes packing her(S) bag. Tomorrow is going to be a special day for her(S). Weddings in their family are like festivals, always worth watching. Shyna is distantly related to the cousin getting married, but they're very close. Thinking about all the dancing, singing, laughing, and fun to come, she couldn't sleep the entire night.

Even though she may appear serious in front of others, she fully enjoys these family moments. Like an ambivert.

The next morning:

Hina: Shyy? Hey Shyy! Get up, it's 9 o'clock!

Shyna: What?!! What did you say? Why didn't you wake me earlier?

Hina: How could I? I know you very well, you didn't sleep last night except 5am. Now, stop talking and hurry up. Or mom will start yelling.

Sejuti enters the room.

Sejuti: Look, she's still in bed. I've kept your breakfast on the table. Eat and take a shower. We're leaving at 11. I've already informed the driver.

Shyna: Alright.

Everyone quickly gets ready and sets off. Mahira's father's house and her(M) uncle's house are both in Dinajpur Sadar. Usually, it takes 2 to 2.5 hours to travel from Rangpur Sadar to Dinajpur, but it took an extra half hour this time because they got stuck in traffic, as expected.

By the time they step foot at the wedding venue, it's already afternoon heading into the evening. Upon arrival, they see that the decorations are still a little bit incomplete. Everyone is busy with their tasks. Rahat uncle is standing outside the gate.

Rahat Uncle shouting: "Why is the passage way in the tent so narrow? How will people enter if the gate's alley is like this?"

As soon as all the boys and girls get out of the cars, they greet uncle. Shyna couldn't wait any longer so she starts walking ahead, moving quickly through the narrow passage of the tent.

Suddenly, a boy, rushing to get in- from behind, bumps into Shyna!

Him: "Sorry, sorry!" (rushing forward in a hurry)

As Shyna turns to look at him, the boy is already walking ahead. He seems to be talking to someone on the phone while carrying a luggage. Maybe because of the narrow passage he couldn't see Shyna. Him moving ahead in a hurry, all she notices is his light sky-blue shirt.