🐿️ Chapter-23🐿️

The day Wendy, YN, and Jimin shifted back into the mansion felt surreal

The day Wendy, YN, and Jimin shifted back into the mansion felt surreal. The air was thick with both anticipation and unease, each step through the grand hallways reminding them of the life they’d left behind years ago.

Hoseok had spent the entire morning helping them unpack, his energy bouncing off the walls in stark contrast to the tension hovering between the rest of the family.

Wendy took a deep breath, standing at the entrance to the large, sunlit living room. It had always been her favorite spot in the house, the place where they used to gather as a family. But today, it felt different—heavy with memories and unresolved feelings.

She glanced over at YN, who stood by the window, staring out into the garden with her arms crossed. Her daughter hadn’t said much since they arrived, keeping her distance from everyone, especially Yoongi. Wendy sighed. She knew it would take time, but seeing the cold wall YN had built around herself broke her heart.

“YN, sweetheart,” Wendy said softly, walking over to her daughter. “How are you feeling about all this? I know it’s a lot.”

YN didn’t turn around. “It doesn’t feel right, Mom. I mean, I get why we’re doing this, for Hobi Hobi and Jimin Oppa, but I’m not ready to pretend everything’s okay.”

Wendy placed a gentle hand on YN’s shoulder, understanding her pain. “I’m not asking you to pretend, YN. It’s going to take time for all of us. But I think we owe it to ourselves to try—to see if we can heal, piece by piece.”

YN sighed, finally looking at her mother. “I’m trying, but it’s hard, Mom. I can’t just forgive him. He wasn’t there when we needed him the most.”

Wendy nodded, her heart aching. “I know, sweetheart. And you don’t have to forgive him right away. Just take it one day at a time, okay?”

As they spoke, Yoongi entered the room cautiously, carrying a tray with drinks. His eyes flicked over to YN, but she quickly looked away, her expression hardening. Wendy noticed the flicker of hurt in Yoongi’s eyes as he approached.

“I thought I’d bring you guys some lemonade,” he said quietly, placing the tray down on the coffee table. He glanced at YN, but she didn’t acknowledge him.

Wendy gave him a small, encouraging smile. “Thank you, Yoongi.”

Yoongi returned her smile, though it didn’t reach his eyes. He felt the weight of YN’s silent rejection, but he knew he couldn’t force her to forgive him. He had to earn it, little by little.

Jimin, who had been in the kitchen with Hoseok, entered the room, sensing the tension. “Hey, how about we order in tonight? Pizza, maybe? We could all use a break.”

Hoseok grinned, clearly trying to lighten the mood. “Pizza sounds perfect. What do you think, YN? Your favorite—pepperoni?”

YN gave a small nod, her lips twitching into the barest hint of a smile. “You know me Oppa”

As they settled in for dinner, the atmosphere was still delicate, but there were small signs of progress. Yoongi kept his distance from YN, respecting her boundaries, but Wendy noticed the way his eyes kept searching for her, hoping for any sign of forgiveness.

Later that night, Wendy found herself sitting alone in the study, the familiar scent of old books and the soft glow of the lamp soothing her. Yoongi quietly entered, his expression hesitant.

“Wendy,” he began, his voice low. “I know I’ve said it before, but I want you to know that I’ll keep proving myself. I’ll do whatever it takes to rebuild what I broke.”

Wendy looked up at him, her heart heavy with both hope and fear. “I believe you, Yoongi. But this isn’t just about me. You need to be patient with YN. She’s still hurting.”

Yoongi nodded, his face clouded with guilt. “I know. I’ll give her time. But every day that she won’t even look at me... it feels like I’m losing her all over again.”

Wendy stood up, crossing the room to stand beside him. “You’re not losing her. She’s just scared of getting hurt again. You have to show her that you’re here to stay, that you won’t walk away this time.”

He nodded, swallowing hard. “I will, Wendy. I promise.”

The days that followed were a strange mix of progress and setbacks. YN continued to keep her distance from Yoongi, often avoiding him entirely. But Wendy made small efforts to bring them together—inviting Yoongi to join them for family meals, encouraging light conversation when the opportunity arose.

One evening, as Wendy was preparing dinner, she saw Yoongi standing awkwardly by the doorway, watching YN and Jimin as they laughed over something. It was the first time YN had genuinely smiled since they moved back, and it was directed at Jimin.

Wendy walked over to Yoongi, nudging him gently. “Small steps,” she whispered. “You’re doing better than you think.”

Yoongi gave a small, hopeful smile, his eyes never leaving his children. For the first time in years, despite the distance and the hurt, he started to believe that maybe—just maybe—they could find their way back to being a family again.

 For the first time in years, despite the distance and the hurt, he started to believe that maybe—just maybe—they could find their way back to being a family again

Hey Moonlights

How was it?

Do a vote and Comment

Love you all so much
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Words Count-1000