Chapter Two

"WUS GOOD?"
AUBRË

My night routine was essential to the quality of my sleep. It consisted of a perfected shower regime, shaving was not included as I was more a wax girl myself, but my shower regime insured that I'd leave the down pour of hot water clean, renewed, and ready for bed.

I'm thankful to my guest, LuLu and Bri, for cleaning up my space before they left for the night. By the time I was preparing for my nightly routine, Bri had left and LuLu was stalling because she lived with her mother but eventually she'd left too.

So I was home alone. My solitude was something I was used too, after being outside and social all day, I was glad to be left alone. But I guess I wasn't entirely done with being social for the day.

Tonight's girl talk had invited me to put my big girl panties on. So after applying my homemade coconut body butter and vanilla perfume - because I had to opt out of my usual melatonin infused spritz, I sat on my bed and stared at the contact put in my phone two months ago.

Bo.

I swallowed my fear and push any nervousness to the back of my mind. I was coming down from a few blunts so that helped ease the anxiety some too. What if he doesn't reply? It was a very real possibility, but I doubt it applies to this case because it was about 4 am when he dropped me off that night. Its barley 2am right now.

I pick my phone up from the pillow in front of me and began to type up a message. I really didnt know what to say, but at this point Bri was right- I just need to be myself. I send the text that mad the most sense to me.

Hi. This is Aubre.

... The girl you fucked in that office, on that black desk, remember. Is what I wanted to follow up with but I got enough sense to know that's dumb shit. Obviously, he didn't remember though. I sent that message an hour ago with no response. I had to stay up and watch TikToks to keep myself from crying, but that proved to be unhelpful when my FYP hit a little to close to home.

So I switched to watching a movie, Avatar. The movie had barley hit the 30 minute mark before an incoming FaceTime call vibrated my phone from under the comforter. The call had completely startled me, I jumped up so hard causing my phone to fly across the room.

I hopped off the bed while simultaneously ripping my bonnet from head. I fixed my boho knotless before I picked my phone up from the floor and ran back to my bed to lay back down like nothing happen. I caught my breathe quickly then propped up my phone only to see the that the incoming FaceTime was from LuLu

FUCK.

I answered nontheless, though I'm really pissed off cause now I feel dumb. "What?"

"Damnnn. What's with da attitude?" She was looking around for something on the other end so she couldn't see my irritated face until she finally looked at the camera. "Da fuck wrong with you? And how you in the bed without yo bo-," She stopped mid-sentence with a big ass grin. "You thought he called you didnt't you."

I roll eyes. How she knew that? I dont know, but I was beyond annoyed already. "Whatever. Why you callin me?"

"Oh, I think I left my pen there. Hashtag need dat, ASAP! So, imma be by yo house in the morning to come get it." She said occupied by something in the background again