Chapter Three

"PREACH"
BOMANI

This shit was beyond me. I prayed to God everyday to never see any of my father's children intertwined with the police in any way, shape, or form. We weren't perfect people, we did things that would attract police attention but we held pride in never getting caught and staying out of their radar.

As far as I was concerned, getting caught wasn't a matter of luck, but stupidity. If you were brilliant enough to do some illegal shit, you had to be brilliant enough to keep your shit tight.

My baby brother just couldn't seem to grasp that - I'm starting think he did though, just chooses not to act accordingly. It's one thing to be ignorant and it's an entirely different thing to know how shit operate and act like you don't

"I don't know about this Bomani." The red face District Attorney looked at me unmoved by my offer. "We have him on Instagram live holding up two AR-15's, and that doesn't include the ones on the counter behind him, or the one's the guys beside him have."

"Not to mention the white powered substance seen. If this went to trial we can easily convince the jury that was cocaine. We've already fact-checked those weren't your guns. Your clean. Don't let this mess us up man. We've got a good thing going, us two."

"That's the thing, Brad. This-," I pointed between us, "Aint just about us. It's not about you either." I reminded. He clearly forgot the basis of this relationship.

Years ago, my father had an arrangement with the former DA. My father dug up some dirt, threw him a little cash. Most importantly, told him to cover his ears, close his eyes, and mouth when it came to the Cruz familia. I continued that legacy when this fool was elected.

"Dis thing, as you call it, concerns all descendants of the Cruz family. That includes Hakim Izayah Cruz. Don't fuck yo' life up behind this. Next time he get into some shit, I'll put the handcuffs on 'em myself." He still looked at me like he had a choice.

Another thing about our deal, was that he didn't know exactly what my blackmail was. Therefore, the only way he was going to find out is if he fucked around.

"You throw in an extra ten. I'll see what I can do."

"Five. Or you gon see what da fuck I'm 'bout." I stood up from the chair without another word. I said all I needed to say.

His orgy's with the same-sex, written confession from multiple women who had been victim of his sexual abuse, even more videos of him beating the fuck out of his wife - they were all one call away from being exposed for the world to see.

It was only matter of time before he started feeling himself, and when he did, I was ready. Shit, I wanted him to mess this up, he was a horrible DA. But not by way of brother's imprisonment.

I walked out the office and headed towards my car. Not to my surprise, Princeton was parked beside me, standing outside his car.

"What's da word?" We dapped

He knew better than to ask that. I don't lose, especially cause I don't argue. I made my point, shared my intent, and gave my promises. There wasn't room for confusion or argument with me.

"Nigga, what you think?" I was somewhat offended

"You right." He tittered, "Where ole' girl?"

Before my brother's dumb ass was arrested, I was enjoying my time with a beautiful woman. Very rarely did I like the women I fucked for pleasure. But she was different.

The night we met - I take that back, we didn't really met. I saw her sitting alone at the bar of my new club. She was staring down at a shot, her body language showed that she wasn't used to the club setting, but she was trying to let loose.