Blurb

Disclaimer

Behind the Shadows is a dark romance novel intended for mature audiences. It contains explicit content, intense emotional themes, and graphic scenes. Reader discretion is advised.

...

In the dazzling world of Bollywood, Ishita Verma is a star adored by millions. Her beauty and fame have made her the queen of the silver screen, but behind the glamour lies a life of control, manipulation, and loneliness. Trapped in the golden cage of fame, she yearns for freedom.

Arjun Rathore, her new bodyguard—a former soldier with a haunted past. His duty is to protect her, but the fiery connection between them threatens to ignite something far more dangerous than desire. Forbidden from the start, their love grows in the shadows, where the darkness of their worlds intertwines with irresistible passion.

As the threats to Ishita's life escalate and Arjun's enemies close in, they must navigate a treacherous path of secrets, betrayal, and raw emotions. In a world where love is forbidden, and danger lurks in every corner, can they survive long enough to find freedom in each other's arms? Or will their dark desires consume them both?

In Behind the Shadows, passion meets danger, and love becomes the most perilous game of all.

...

Trigger Warnings

Violence, Graphic smut/explicit sexual content, Stalking, Emotional manipulation, Trauma, Betrayal, Physical harm, Themes of control and power imbalance, Dark themes of obsession and possessiveness, Emotional turmoil and past trauma exploration, Substance use

Tropes

Forbidden Love, Bodyguard Romance, Dark Romance, Slow Burn, Forced Proximity, Dangerous Secrets, High-Stakes Romance, Happy Ending

DO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW @mercywrites__

XOXO!!