Chapter Three

Ray and Ivy spent the weekend making sure she had everything for her new school, as well as joining Yuno and Kitty on G6 runs, they met Lottie Mae as well as she went on a couple of G6 runs as well.

Ray woke up early on Monday morning and got everything ready to have a smooth morning by taking her daughter to her first day of school. The first thing she did on her phone that morning was put her name in the Lemon List, then she made her famous 'Hello Los Santos' twatter post before scrolling down the timeline.

Ray finished her coffee and was about to wake up Ivy to get her dressed when her phone started to ring.

"Hello" Ray Whispered to not wake her daughter. She stepped outside of her apartment and into the hallway.

"Ray you're back" She could recognise that Italian accent anywhere, she missed it endlessly.

"Vinnyyyy" she squealed excitedly.

"Rayyyyy" he mimicked her name back, they both laughed. "I missed you a lot, little one".

"I missed you too, Vinny. I miss everyone"

"Come down to Grove Street and meet up with the boys"

"I have something I have to do first but then I can, has Ramee spoken to you?"

"He mentioned seeing you on Friday, said you'd have something to tell us but he wasn't going to. So what did you need to tell us, Ray?"

"It's definitely something a bit big, I can tell you guys this afternoon. I'll come to Grove just after 3pm"

"Have you been working? need something to do? I know what you were like years ago"

"Always looking to help out and work Vinny" Ray laughed, he knew she was always down to work and help out, wanting to always keep busy.

"Think I have something perfect for you, just like the old days"

"Just like the old days" Ray echoes back, reminiscing about all the grinding she did back then, the sitting on roof tops selling weed, they're great conversations she had with her family. "Vinny" Ray speaks loudly, projecting her voice and nerves about what she wanted to say.

"What's up?" he asks, sounding more alarmed at her shift of tone.

"I want to say sorry for leaving without saying goodbye"

"Don't you ever apologise" he tells her in a tone that is authoritative. "You understand me"

"No, I'm sorry"

"Don't you ever think you're a nuisance in any way, you understand me."

"Yea" is all Ray could reply with, tears welling up in her eyes. She never expected Vinny or even Ramee to be so understanding about her leaving.

"Because we love ya, alright"

"Yah"

"You go do what you gotta do today and we'll see you this afternoon on Grove. Like the old days, just different location"

"I miss the Cubby"

"I do too Little One, I'll see yah later okay. Buh-Bye"

"Buh-Bye"

Ray entered back into the apartment to see Ivy standing in her blue long pyjama pants that had snowflakes on them, with a matching white long sleeved top with a penguin on it. Ivy stood rubbing sleep from her eyes. "Why were you out there Mama?"

"I got a phone call, didn't want to wake you lovebug"

"Is it time for school?"

"Yep, do you want cereal or toast?"