1

---

4:37AM.

---

Lucia was laying in bed with her eyes peeled open, staring at the ceiling blankly. The room in which she resided in seemed warm for the most part, her blow-up mattress covered in pillows and various different stuffed animals was comfortable enough for her, and not to mention king was peacefully curled up into a ball and resting next to her. Yet this wasnt enough to get her to finally sleep.

Why?

Well of course it would be her first day at college soon. The Hexside College of Arts to be exact. One of the most prestigious art academies there is in Connecticut, and Lucia somehow managed to get in. This was possible with a scholarship of course.

Never was she really the best in terms of academics, however considering her outstanding portfolio and exceeding skills when it came to english literature she managed to get in without any need for loans or even the help of her mother. Though Lucia knew that Camilla would have paid for her fees without question, she couldn't bare the thought of her mother struggling to afford food or a living accomodation just for her daughter to have a decent education.

Luckily however, that wasn't the case. The only issue was, Lucia felt a burning sense of dread building up inside of her. Highschool tore her apart. Who's to say that college will differ? She turned on her side, looking at king, her patchy black and white mudi dog whom she had been living with for 8 years, with the discretion of her landlord of course.

She groaned. King opened his eyes tiredly and glared at her with a look of annoyance for waking him up.

"Sorry King..." Lucia mumbled, her voice husky and quiet. She got up and tossed her covers out of the way onto the side of her bed and began walking to the bathroom. She flicked the switch for the lamp on and subsequently after a flicker, the room filled with a dim, yellowed light. Lucia walked towards the sink which held a small pot with 3 toothbrushes in it and a tube of toothpaste. There was always 3 toothbrushes, even if she did live alone. One for her, one for her mother, and one for her father.

Lucia grasped onto the brush with the red handle and squeezed some toothpaste onto the bristles of it. She re-averted her attention back onto the toothbrushes. She knew her dad was gone. Infact he's been gone for roughly 9 years now, yet it still felt oddly comforting to keep things around for him. He's still around in a way. Maybe?

As the brunette continued to brush her teeth, spitting out the foam from her mouth occassionally, she looked in the mirror and peered at herself. The people at her highschool mocked her for her appearance, but she didn't entirely understand why. It wasn't stereotypical to dress, act or look like her for a girl, but why does that matter? She finished brushing her teeth and slotted the brush back into the position it was before. People are strange, she guessed. She reached over for a small comb and brushed her hair with it so that it wouldn't knot or get luggy. Once that was done, she reached over to the little radiator which had her cleaned clothes on that she prepared the day before, so she wouldn't have to struggle and rummage through her piles of clothes to find anything decent to wear.

Lucia was a girl of tall stature, a slightly muscular build, 18 years old, tanned skin, deep brown eyes, a few piercings and short, curly hair with 2 longer slut strands which framed each side of her face. She often wore a red, almost burgundy beanie and a variety of different striped or band shirts, button ups, flannels, cargos and jeans. Today however, she decided to wear a plain white shirt with her aunt's old bomber jacket and a pair of loose fitting dark-washed jeans aswell as a pair of red, unbranded high top sneakers.