A Thorny Title

Whispers echoed through the halls of Momos Academy, swirling around like a whirlwind. Autumn could feel the weight of the rumors pressing down on her shoulders. "The Poisonous Rose of Canada," they called her. It was supposed to be a title of admiration, but it felt like a noose tightening around her neck.

She took a deep breath, determined to shake it off. But it wasn't easy, not when Charles, another prince at the academy, approached her with his usual skepticism.

"Are you really as dangerous as they say?" he asked, leaning against the wall with an air of arrogance that made her skin crawl.

"Excuse me?" Autumn shot back, crossing her arms defensively. "I'm not here to harm anyone, Charles."

He raised an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed. "That's what they all say," he replied, a smirk tugging at his lips. "But I've heard your reputation precedes you. A rose has thorns, after all."

Autumn felt a surge of frustration. Why did everyone assume she was out to get them? She had enough to deal with—her phobia, the immersion program, and now this judgment? It was infuriating.

"Maybe I'm not the one you should be worried about," she snapped, turning away from him. "Ever think about that?"

As she walked away, she could feel Gion's gaze on her again. The cold prince of Italy had been observing the entire exchange with a glint of interest in his eyes. What was he thinking? She wished she could read his mind, but the icy facade he wore left her utterly confused.

"What did he say to you?" Gion finally approached her, his voice low and commanding.

"Nothing you should concern yourself with," Autumn shot back, unwilling to let him see her vulnerability.

"Are you always this stubborn?" Gion challenged, crossing his arms.

"Only when people are annoying," she retorted, trying to mask her unease.

A flicker of surprise crossed Gion's face before he smirked. "Well, you certainly live up to your title."

"Don't you dare label me based on rumors!" Autumn shot back, fire igniting in her veins. "You don't know me!"

"And how would I?" he replied, raising an eyebrow. "All I see is a girl with a reputation, a title, and a penchant for drama."

Autumn felt a mix of anger and confusion. Why was he so drawn to her? Was it just to poke fun, or did he genuinely want to know more?

"You think I enjoy being judged like this?" she challenged, her heart racing. "Every time I turn around, it's like a spotlight is on me, and everyone is waiting for me to slip up."

Gion's expression softened slightly, but he quickly masked it with his usual stoicism. "Well, maybe you should prove them wrong instead of playing into their hands."

His words hung in the air between them. Did he really think she could just shake off the title like it was nothing? She glanced at him, catching the glimmer of understanding in his eyes.

"Easier said than done, Zecchino," she replied, her voice dropping to a whisper.

But deep inside, a flicker of hope ignited. Perhaps there was a way to redefine herself—not just as the poisonous rose, but as Autumn, the girl who could rise above the thorns.

As she turned to leave, she heard Gion call after her. "And you should know, I'm not easily swayed by rumors, either. You might just surprise me."

Autumn paused, a small smile creeping onto her face despite herself. Maybe, just maybe, she could change how everyone saw her. But the journey would be far from easy.