Jealousy Unfold

As the festival buzzed with excitement, Gion couldn't shake the feeling of annoyance bubbling beneath his surface. With every glance he cast toward Autumn, who was engrossed in conversation with Alexis, a familiar jealousy clawed at him.

"Why is she spending so much time with him?" Gion muttered under his breath, crossing his arms tightly as he leaned against a wall, trying to mask his growing frustration. Alexis was charming and easy-going, everything Gion was not, and it infuriated him.

"Hey, Gion! You good?" Ciel asked, bouncing over with his usual exuberance, but the brightness in his voice seemed muted by Gion's demeanor.

"Fine," Gion replied curtly, though his gaze never left Autumn and Alexis, who were now laughing together, their smiles lighting up the evening.

"Looks like someone's jealous," Ciel teased, a knowing glint in his eye.

"I'm not jealous!" Gion shot back, his voice sharper than he intended. "It's just—she's supposed to focus on the festival, not flirt with the Student Council President."

"Flirt? Oh, come on! They're just having fun!" Ciel laughed, nudging Gion playfully. "You should be happy! It's great that she's getting along with everyone."

But Gion couldn't quell the surge of possessiveness stirring inside him. It wasn't just about the festival; it was about Autumn. There was something captivating about her, something that had begun to draw him in despite his best efforts to stay aloof.

Across the courtyard, Autumn caught Gion's eye. For a fleeting moment, she felt a rush of connection as their gazes locked. Then, she turned back to Alexis, who was animatedly describing some event idea, completely unaware of the storm brewing in Gion.

"Look at them," Gion said through gritted teeth, unable to hide his annoyance. "She's laughing like she doesn't even remember I exist."

Ciel raised an eyebrow. "Maybe she's trying to find her footing here. You have to give her space, Gion. This is a big deal for her."

"Space? She's my—" Gion started, then paused, the weight of his words dawning on him. He was about to say she was "his responsibility," but in truth, it felt like so much more.

Suddenly, Maya appeared, sensing the tension radiating from Gion. "Hey, Gion! Can we talk?" she asked, her tone serious.

"Sure," Gion replied, grateful for the distraction. They stepped aside, away from the festivities.

"Autumn's doing really well," Maya began, gauging his reaction. "She's adjusting, thanks to you and Ciel."

"I know," Gion admitted, frustration softening his voice. "But I just... I don't like seeing her with Alexis like that. It feels... wrong."

Maya crossed her arms, leaning against the wall. "You have to let her find her own way, Gion. If you keep acting this way, she might think you don't care."

"But I do care!" Gion protested, his voice rising. "I just—"

"Just what?" Maya interrupted, her gaze piercing. "What do you want? For her to be dependent on you? Or do you want her to be happy, even if that means she's not always with you?"

Gion opened his mouth to respond but found himself at a loss for words. He felt trapped in a whirlpool of emotions. Yes, he wanted Autumn to be happy, but the thought of her finding joy with someone else made his heart ache.

"Look, I know you don't want to admit it, but you have feelings for her," Maya continued, her tone softening. "And it's okay. Just don't push her away by being jealous. Be supportive, and let her know you're there for her."

Gion ran a hand through his hair, frustration mingling with clarity. "You think I should just stand back and watch?"

"Not stand back. Just be a friend. Support her choices, and show her that you care," Maya advised. "She'll see it, and so will everyone else."

Gion sighed, the weight of her words sinking in. As much as he wanted to keep Autumn close, he realized he had to respect her independence. "You're right," he muttered. "I'll try."

As they rejoined the festival, Gion searched for Autumn, who was now surrounded by students eager to participate in Ciel's talent show. The laughter was infectious, and for the first time that night, he felt a flicker of hope.

As he approached, Gion overheard Ciel's voice booming over the microphone. "Next up, we have our very own Princess Autumn! Let's give her a warm welcome!"

Gion's heart raced as he watched Autumn step onto the stage, her confidence radiating even from afar. She smiled brightly, and for a moment, the world around them faded.

Taking a deep breath, Gion reminded himself of Maya's words. He could support her, and maybe, just maybe, he could show her that his feelings ran deeper than jealousy.

As the audience cheered for Autumn, Gion found himself grinning, feeling a sense of pride swell within him.

This was her moment, and he would be there for her every step of the way.