'They were brave until their last breath' season 1 episode 22

He puts the phone to his ear.

Garrett: Yeah?

We cut to Skye inside the Command Center talking on a cellphone as May gathers together all the workers.

Skye: Hi, John. Just calling to catch up.

Shuri : The sass is back, Finally. The sad stuff was getting a bit boring.

Yelena : You're gonna jinx yourself I have the feeling that you have jinxed yourself.

Peter : Yeah, now you've said that, I have a feeling this isn't going to be a very happy thing.

Simmons : I wasn't there for this, I wanna see what happens.

Skye : I forgot you were here, you have been awfully quiet.

Simmons : I've been observing.

Fitz : yeah me too.

Skye : yeah, people talk more, observing isn't fun. It's better when everyone is talking.

May : I disagree , people talk too much.

Coulson : that's your opinion. I like people talking,

May : Because you like to talk. It's ironic.

Cut back to Garrett, Ward and Mike. Garrett smiles, looks at Ward and says her name teasingly.

Garrett: Skye.

Skye : the way he talks is so unnerving I don't know why.

Ward : because he is a phsycopath.

Skye : yeah and what are you?

Loki : getting shut down like that by someone younger than you, that's gotta suck.

Tony : Hate to agree with him but it's true.

This has the desired effect, both Mike and Ward look at him with shock.

Hunter : EVERYTIME he hears your name it's like he is seeing stars.

Maria : It's kind of creepy.

Natasha : Very creepy. I mean there is loving someone and then it's that.

Skye : Exactly how to explain it. It's just weird.

Ward : Shut up.

Skye ignores him.

Garrett: You sound different on the phone...huskier.

Steve : and he is who you're all afraid of? I don't see how you would be afraid of him?

Coulson : we're not afraid, we were just out gunned at certain points.

Fury : and at this point you're not?

Coulson : No.

Cut back to Skye.

Skye: Are you curious why I'm calling from your soldier control center?

Cut back to Garrett.

Garrett: No, I'm not too concerned. You see, if anyone but the assigned handler gives a directive to one of my men, well, kaboom.

Cut back to Skye, she plays it up well. May continues to evacuate the workers.

Skye: Ah, darn it. Coulson didn't think of that. You outsmarted us again.

Trip : You really know how to ruffle someone's feathers girl.

Skye : Yeah, it's a good skill of mine, getting under someones skin.

Pepper : Yesh, it's a good skill when an agent.

Skye : Yeah I gotta say, it was not a very good skill in the streets when I didn't know how to fight or anything like that. Especially in the streets of LA.

Cut back to Garrett.

Garrett: Phil's around? Great.

He does sound excited and Ward rolls his eyes looking away in disgust.

Hunter : The only time I agree with that bastard is the face he is making in this right now.

Skye : Oh that face is so funny.

Peter ; Only time we agree with him.

Ward : I am right here you know

Skye ; Yeah but nobody really cares.

Garrett: We actually have a lot to talk about. Oh, and I wanted you to know – your scientist friends –

Natasha : What did he do?

Simmons ; well got ward to drop me and fitz down to the bottom of the ocean in a pod.

Yelena ; How did you survive?

Fitz : Director fury saved us.

Fury : They was lucky I was looking for Coulson and I saw Simmons help thing she had.

Simmons ; We were lucky that day.

Hunter : Yeah gotta say, you guys were more brave than me that's for sure.

Skye ; yeah, to be honest I would have let myself die in the pod because I don't know how to swim.

We briefly cut to a worried looking Skye before cutting back to Garrett.

Garrett: They were brave until their last breath.

Ward looks away as Garrett takes the cellphone away from his ear and hangs up.

Cut to Skye, the news cuts her – it's obvious – but suddenly her face hardens and she throws the phone.

Peter : you're angry.

Skye : Yeah, that's kind of fitting to be honest.

Fury : Never let them see you sweat. That's what I like to say.

Cut back to Garrett. He leans in to Ward confiding in him.

Garrett: Raina told me how special Skye is. I know you've seen that from the start. You want orders? Get her.

Ward gives him a small smirk.

Skye : Oh my gosh. What does these psychopaths want with me? Like actually.

Peter ; It is getting kind of obsessive.