Chapter 2: Birth of a new ordinance

Dreamcatchers, huh. "Like 'yung nakasabit sa pintuan na dreamcatchers?" I wanna know their relevance to the case, though. As someone who had the guts to combat someone who can't be identified, it's safe to say that they are ballsy. They might have some kind of leverage that fuels their confidence, or it's just another sham of a cult who wants to gain some power in these cautious times. Hypocrites are everywhere, so I won't be surprised if this is just another one of those.

"Hey, don't belittle them. Ang laki na agad ng sakop nila sa mga tao to the point na parang naging isang relihiyon na sila. Mind you, it's been HOURS since that dream thing happened, and they have amassed a ton of believers. Pretty cool! I want to know their networking skills!" Bro is proud of an allegedly cult. I wasn't surprised though, since I have witnessed her praising a serial killer for its communication tactics and made a thorough research about that guy's biography, that's why I am certain she really is a person who can use the most heinous opportunity in every situation, even though it violates human rights.

But something doesn't feel right. "Paano sila nagkaroon ng gano'n karaming tao?" Even though we can say that such a time span is considerably long, reaching a thousand people doesn't sit right with me.

"That's the fishy part. No one knows how. And hindi rin naman magbabanggit ang mga members kung paano. They seem devoted to the cause. Ang creepy kaya, parang hypnotism ang ganap". I couldn't agree more. The whole situation felt... unnatural, like there was something far more sinister at play than anyone could see.

After a few minutes of throwing theories back and forth, we decided to check out one of the sites the Dreamcatchers had announced—a park near our campus. Convenient, but unsettling. I walked Ashley home first, then headed to the park myself.

It was already 8 PM. The hanging lights swayed gently in the evening breeze, and the few food stalls still open lent the place a cozy atmosphere that belied the unease building in my gut. I grabbed a hot dog and some soda, trying to keep things casual, but my mind was already turning over what we might find.

The center of the park was an open clearing, probably where the event would take place. I took out my phone and snapped a few pictures, making sure to capture every detail. I'd need these later if I decided to simulate the scene. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to happen—something that would change everything.

The walk home was a blur, my thoughts consumed by the dream I had experienced the night before. It had been the first time in three years that I hadn't consciously spectated my own dream, and it felt like something had forcefully invaded my mind, seizing control. The idea that this unknown force could manipulate my subconscious so easily was both terrifying and fascinating. What did it mean? Was it just a dream, or something more?

By the time I got home, I was exhausted but wired, my mind still racing with questions. I crawled into bed, trying to calm the storm of thoughts swirling in my head. Maybe tonight I'd get more answers. Maybe the dream would continue, revealing more about this strange new world I'd been thrust into. Or maybe... I'd be pulled even deeper into the mystery, whether I wanted to be or not.

I woke up feeling both refreshed, and at the same time, confused. Interestingly, there was no precaution like I assumed or any other thing related to that. I just automatically entered the simulated park, specifically the open area. It appeared that there weren't any suspicious objects at the site or I didn't get a glimpse of it, if it does exist, so I ended the simulation right away. Before I tapped into my waking state, however, I found my thoughts drifting back to the walk I had taken with Ashley the previous evening. Without much thought, I decided to simulate that moment in as much detail as I could remember.

We went into the convenience store where she used to buy her favorite canned drink and some cat food. I got us some ice cream before we left the store, and right after we went some distance away, she shook me aggressively and said that she forgot to buy a pack of sanitary napkins. I don't know what made me do it, but I rushed back to the store and browsed the napkins section. That's when I forgot to ask her what brand she was using, so I called her and then I bought her pack. When I got back, she was sitting at the ledge of the pedestrian lane, looking pissed. I immediately apologized for leaving her without any comments or whatsoever.