Chapter 3

After dinner Abby pulled out the white folded linen from the closet and carried it out towards the front door, she couldn't believe Dr Hotness would be spending the night! Surely, she'd get no sleep knowing he was right downstairs in the little guest house next to her family's home. Abigail would take her time lining the bed and pillows and with the sheets she held. Anything to spend more time with him. 

"Let me help you with that." Dr Dreamboat grabbed the bedding with a dazzling smile, the full extent of his chocolate gaze on her again. Fastened to the ground by his stare, Abby's entire body hummed; she never knew it could do that. Not even her books got this reaction out of her.

"Abigail!" Esther called from the kitchen, as if catching her having a dirty thought about their guest, and Abby jumped. 

"Take this with you, the doctor dropped it at the market when he helped you, we've added some things of our own to say thank you." 

Her older sister held out a picnic basket filled with cheeses, jams, chocolates, a knitted scarf- she believed that was from Mags- and bread and cookies form their bakery. She carried the basket with her, leading the doctor off the porch to the cottage adjacent to their home. The only sound between them was the gravel driveway crunching beneath their shoes. When they were inside, Abby left the food in the kitchen and lead the doctor into the cosy master bedroom and gestured for him to drop the linen on the bed. He obeyed and Abby began to cover it with the fresh sheet. 

"My grandfather used to live here with gran, she died before I was born. I don't remember much about him, but my older brothers say he was a bit of a grouch." 

She wasn't sure why she was divulging this information, it had nothing to do with the hot doctor who stood before her, but she was nervous, and she spoke too much when she was nervous. Abigail pulled out a comforter from the closet and spread it out on the bed. 

"He died in here, actually, on the couch in the living room..." 

Abigail point at the wall separating the main bedroom and the rest of the house, Dr Miller's brows rose in surprise of this information, but otherwise remained unphased that someone had died in the house he'd be sleeping in. 

"Maybe I shouldn't have told you that..." 

She added awkwardly, regretting her verbal diarrhoea, she lingered in the room a second longer, waiting for him to take another kiss from her the way he did earlier, or to at least comment on what happened between them, and pressed her lips in a solid line when he didn't, rocking on her heels.

"Okay, then, goodnight." She snapped her fingers and gave the hot doctor a thumbs up before starting for the door. Henry blocked her way with his body. 

"Your dad nearly gave me a heart attack." He blurted, and Abby laughed. 

"I wish I could help you, but I don't have an ID, so..." She shrugged, staring at the broad chest of the man in front of her, it was all she could see in her one-hundred-and-eighty-degree field of vision. 

The orchestra of Henry's laugh made Abby hot. "I trust you." 

Her eyes climber his form to his face. "Okay." 

She didn't know where this conversation was going, she hoped it lead to her sucking his face. Henry's throat flexed around the wad of saliva he swallowed, and Abby could hear the liquid being forced down his oesophagus. She watched his Adam's apple bob with the gulp of desire he pressed down, and her mouth opened again, wanting to know what his skin tasted like. 

"You shouldn't look at me like that..." The doctor trailed off, and Abby let out a gush of air. 

"Why not?" Her voice barely a whisper.