His (Ex) Best Friend

After the movie finished, Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting on their bed.

Jungkook was sitting on his side, reading a book with his reading glasses on. He was leaning against the backboard shirtless, as he quietly read.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was laying on Jungkook's lap. he was turned to face Jungkook, eyeing each of the elder's features. Taehyung tried his level best to avoid literally drooling over his hot husband.

But at the same time, he was thinking. Thinking about what happened just a few hours ago.

Kook said he'll tell me... but I really need to know.

Stupid Tae! Don't push him!

I know... but I'm curious! I've only seen him smile with me and giggle with me. Why not with anyone else?

Wait... he only did that with me because he loves me.

...

Did he love someone else before me?

Someone no one knew about before?

Is that why he became cold? Because that person left?

Taehyung suddenly felt a sense of insecurity creeping up on him.

Jungkook probably liked someone else before you... that person was his first love.

You idiot, of course you weren't his first love! Just because he was yours, doesn't mean you were his. 

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck... was it because of me that he became cold?

Because he had to leave his lover for me?

Or did this happen before we met?

FUCKING HELL!!

No.... nonononononono...

~~

Jungkook was peacefully reading, glancing down at his adorable husband every once in a while, who was in a daze staring at him. The elder had to keep himself from cooing at the cutie on his lap.

But, when he glanced at him again, the male was gazing elsewhere with a scrunched face. Soon, it became sad. Tears slowly started to well in the younger's eyes.

Jungkook immediately chucked his book away and pulled Taehyung up to make him sit on his lap. His heart clenched at the sight of the younger slightly pouting as tears threatened to fall from his doe eyes.

"Baby," Jungkook asked softly, caressing his waist, "what's wrong?"

Taehyung shook his head and attempted to scoot away, but Jungkook had a tight grip on his waist.

"Tae, no. I'm not letting you leave until you talk."

"I-I'm fine, Koo. I just need the bathroom."

"Tae..."

Jungkook gently lifted Taehyung's chin, making the younger look into his eyes.

"Baby..."

Taehyung softly pushed Jungkook away and mumbled, "It's nothing. Something in my eye. Need the bathroom."

The younger quickly scurried away to the master bathroom, immediately locking the door behind him.

Jungkook sat there, dumbfounded, as he stared at the door.

Something's wrong, Jungkook... you need to figure it out.

~~

Taehyung plopped to the floor as he held his knees to his chest. Burying his face, he gently sobbed.