Chapter 29

Rajiv and Srikant used the bonnet of the car parked nearby as a makeshift table to go through the documents.

"Wow, this man is sinister. So many illegal activities," said Srikant.

"What should we do with these documents now?" mused Rajiv.

"Uncle, if you give permission, I can try running the story on our news channel. But I can't guarantee anything. This guy has a lot of influence; he could easily bury the entire thing. Another option is to go to the police. But if your goal is to keep him away from Aunty, maybe you should use it to blackmail him," suggested Praseetha.

"Why don't we consult a good criminal lawyer and figure this out? You remember my friend Venkateshan? We can go meet him," said Srikant.

"Yes, let's meet him," agreed Rajiv. Then he turned to Praseetha and said, "Thank you, mole, you've given me such vital information about Sebastian."

"It's okay, Uncle, but can I join you for the meeting?" asked Praseetha.

"Mole, collecting information is one thing, but getting directly involved in this wouldn't be safe for you. You live alone and travel frequently for work. I know you've dealt with worse people in your field, but I can't, in good conscience, ask you to take part in bringing down Sebastian uncle directly. If anything happens to you, I won't be able to forgive myself," replied Rajiv.

Praseetha gave him a disappointed look.

"If anything new comes up, you'll be the first to know, I promise," Rajiv reassured her lovingly, which brightened her mood. She went inside to meet her parents, Leena, and Anjali.

Srikant quickly called Anjali to let her know they'd be back in a few hours, and then both Rajiv and Srikant left to meet Advocate Venkateshan.

It was nearly dinner time when Rajiv returned. Anjali and Srikant had already left, and Praseetha was on her way back to her flat. The family had a quiet dinner and then retired to their rooms.

Leena sat on the bed, lost in thought. Rajiv came out of the bathroom, toweling his hair. Seeing his wife so quiet, he hung the towel to dry and sat beside her on the bed.

"Why do you look so sad?" he asked.

"You know why," she replied.

"Don't worry. My parents will come back soon. They just need some time to process everything," said Rajiv.

Leena sighed.

"Guess what? Our Praseethakutty got loads of evidence against your Sebastian uncle. Srikant and I met with the lawyer. I have enough now to silence him for good," said Rajiv.

"What!" exclaimed Leena.

"Yes, don't worry about him. We'll deal with it soon," Rajiv assured her.

Leena's face finally broke into a smile.

"Everything's going to be alright. We missed work today. Let's go in together tomorrow morning," said Rajiv.

"But people will know what happened here. We'll be targeted," said Leena.

"Why are you bothered? We are going together. Now come on, let me take care of you tonight," said Rajiv, kissing her neck.

"But the boys are next door," whispered Leena.

"I will be gentle," said Rajiv and he laid her down on the bed and they proceeded to make sweet love for the whole night.

***

The following morning, the boys left for their classes, and Rajiv and Leena drove to the office in the same car. From the security guard to the parking lot, people stared at them.