Season one epilogue

Trina stood leaning up against the door beside the ER operating room, jotting her notes down on a pad. Freddie, Sam and Carly was a few feet away, she had to call Doggie. Boom was busy notifying both Tori's dad and Jade's husband. She knew Beck wasn't going to be in good condition after hearing about his wife, both her death and what she'd been up to in the last twenty years. If he never knew about it, that was, she didn't have any idea if he knew or not.

Trina had plenty of time to think, and she knew all the hurt she'd suffered, all the pain she felt from grudges held ages ago, it was still going to hold a strong presence. However, was it worth tearing herself away from her sister and father? Was it worth never letting her father see his grandchildren? Not to mention, going back home to Vegas would mean leaving Tori to Andre. However, she was not able to stay in LA, that meant Tori would have to move to Seattle with them.

When the thought of asking Tori to move to Seattle had been the part that stunned her. She closed her eyes and lifted her shoulders. "I've decided to work on things with my father and sister. It may take a little counseling, a little effort, but I'm willing to try, I suppose." All movement ceased and everyone gawked at her with surprise. Annoyed, she flipped her hair back and averted their gaze with a slight scoff. "What? I've been doing some thinking...Some conditions are going to have to be met, but still..."

The door opened and a nurse stepped out, the woman looked to Trina and gave her a subtle nod, "Mrs. Harris is awake." She nodded in return and took a deep breath.

"I'm going to talk to her." She could feel her heart pounding as she made her way into the room. Tori was sitting upright in her bed, the pillow fluffed beneath her. The sheet was pulled up her chest and her bandaged arms rested over it. She looked up to Trina with sad eyes, struggling to smile it seemed without tearing up. Trina sat on the right side edge of the bed and reached over, gently tucking away a strand of Tori's hair from her face. "Hey baby sis..."

"I-Is Jade-"

"She won't be hurting anyone again..." Trina pulled her hand away and Tori bowed her head, choking back a sob. "I'm sorry, Tori."

"I really screwed up, didn't I, Trina? I drove you away, I drove everyone away, and I...I trusted a killer." Trina flattened her lips and lifted her shoulders.

"I don't think she was a killer at first. What her mom did made her snap, I think. Every year after that, she was just getting crazier, getting the trans steam gun did not help her at all." Tori clenched her eyes shut and began to tremble, letting out a whimper. Trina put her hand to Tori's wrist, patting it gently, causing Tori to open her eyes and look up to her gaze. "Hey kid, what's the prob." She gave her sister a reassuring smile as she said the line she used to say when they were young, before Hollywood Arts. It was always the quote she used to get Tori to talk to her.

"What's going to happen to everyone? I know you're going to have some bad news for me, aren't you?"

"Unfortunately it comes with the territory." The door flew open and Trina glanced over, still wanting privacy. Entering, however, was their father and Tori's children Megan and Joshua. She was okay with this. David ran to his daughters and hugged them both, Tori winced as his hand brushed over the wound on her back. "Careful Dad, she's pretty beat up." David stepped back, shifting his worried gaze to his youngest.

"I'm just glad you're safe, Tori. Both of you."

"Trina saved me," Tori pointed over to her elder sister and started to smile. "She came for me..." Trina closed her eyes and chuckled, her heart pounded against her chest. She tapped her fingers lightly on the hospital mattress, amused by how soft it felt. "Trina, if you say 'all in a day's work', can I smack you?"