Chapter Five : Graduation

Sorry guys for not updating a lot happened with Hurricane Helene and had to kind of shit down for a bit but I'm back so here we go.

Two Weeks Later

The streets of Washington DC were bathed in the warm, golden hues of the setting sun. The sky was a canvas of orange and pink, casting long shadows across the city. Amidst the tranquil beauty, the sudden wail of police sirens shattered the calm, echoing through the bustling streets.

A sleek, black Ducati Panigale V4 R tore through the city, its rider, Robbie Reyes, hunched over the handlebars. The powerful engine roared, cutting through the evening air as he sped away from the pursuing police cruisers. The flashing red and blue lights reflected off the windows of nearby buildings, creating a dizzying kaleidoscope of colors that danced across the pavement.

Robbie's heart raced as he navigated the labyrinthine streets, weaving through traffic with the agility of a seasoned rider. He could feel the tension in the air, the urgency of the chase pushing him to his limits. Pedestrians turned their heads, startled by the sudden commotion, while drivers honked their horns in frustration, swerving to avoid the speeding motorcycle.

As he approached the National Mall, the iconic landmarks of the city loomed in the background, their silhouettes stark against the vibrant sky. Robbie spotted a narrow alleyway just ahead, barely wide enough for the Ducati. It was a risky move, but he had no other choice. He leaned into the turn, the tires of the Ducati screeching as he skidded into the alley. The police cruisers, too wide to follow, screeched to a halt at the entrance, their sirens wailing in frustration , Whilst others went around in the vain attempt of catching him on the other side.

Emerging on the other side, Robbie slowed down, the adrenaline still pumping through his veins. The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a final glow over the city and plunging the streets into twilight. The shadows lengthened, and the city lights began to flicker on, one by one. He knew he had escaped for now, but the night was young, and the challenges ahead were far from over. He took a deep breath, the cool evening air filling his lungs, and prepared for whatever came next.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, and he quickly answered it, recognizing Olivia's name on the screen. "Robbie, where are you? You're going to be late for our graduation ceremony !" her voice was a mix of concern and frustration.

"I'm on my way, Liv," Robbie replied, glancing at the street signs as he passed them. "I'm on Constitution Avenue, just past 12th Street. Next up, Pennsylvania Avenue, then a scenic detour through 'Please-don't-crash-ville.'"

Olivia's voice softened slightly as she gave a deep sigh but he could still hear the worry. "Are those sirens for you?"

Robbie glanced in his mirrors, the distant flashing lights barely visible now. "No, I don't think so," he said comedically , trying to sound reassuring. "Just some fans trying to get my autograph. You know how it is."

"Alright, just hurry," Olivia sighed. "We can't do this without you."

Robbie ended the call and revved the engine, pushing the Ducati harder. He caught a glimpse of himself in a storefront window as he sped by, the sleek black suit he was wearing was somehow still pristine despite the chase. He couldn't help but smirk, thinking to himself how good he looked on the bike. "Damn, I make this look good," he muttered, focusing back on the road ahead.

As Robbie roared down Pennsylvania Avenue, the Ducati Panigale V4 R's engine echoed off the buildings, creating a symphony of power and speed. The sun was dipping below the horizon, casting a warm, golden light that painted the city in hues of orange and red. The streetlights began to flicker on, adding to the dramatic atmosphere of the chase.