1

*

"C'mon. Please?" He begs on the other side of the phone. I bite my tongue before asking him a question.

"Is he going to be coming..?"

"Who?" Matt asks, confused. I roll my eyes and cross my arms. Does he seriously not know who I'm talking about?

"You know who I'm talking about. Is Alex there?" I almost gag saying his name, such a basic, boring and ugly name. I've been friends with Matt, Jamie and Nick for as long as I could remember. But, I never got along with Alex. The four of them had created a band together in high school, and I've basically been there for them and watched them gain fame. They now have over 2 million listens on spotify, which is very impressive. I'm a singer too, so I've helped them gain some fame. But, I have 1.8 million listeners on spotify. Alex and I made our first song together over 4 years ago when we had just met. It got a lot of attention, and it was one of our most popular songs. It was obviously about romance, called, "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor." Most people thought we were a couple after that, but all of those assumptions were rumors.

"No, he's not here. For God sakes, you need to actually stop hating him. He's chill," Matt says, seriously. He's always trying to get me to build a friendship with Alex but every time, it never works out. We just don't get along, always clashing. 

*

I agreed to meet up with him and the rest at a local bar we go to regularly. I walk in and scan the room only to see Matt, Jamie and Nick sitting at a table in the corner. I approach them and take a seat next to Matt as he throws his arms around me, pulling me into a warm hug.

"I missed you," He says as I chuckle.

"Come on, it's only been like a week,"

"I know..." Matt says as he laughs.

"Isn't Alex supposed to come?" Jamie asks Matt, my smile slowly faded away. Are you kidding me? I was about to seriously kill Matt. He only did this to try to get me to talk to Alex. Like he has done many times before.

"I'm going to fucking kill you," I say to Matt as Nick bursts out in laughter.

"He set you up? Didn't he? How stupid could you be to believe him?" Nick says laughing as I give him a gentle slap, causing him to laugh even harder. Suddenly, my eyes shot up to the door, hearing the bell jingle. Only to see, no other than Alex. He had his black hair looking a bit messy, which was odd, because his hair was always done up with gel. He was wearing a black leather jacket, and some black trousers, which was his signature look. His eyes shot to mine, as he grinned nearing our table.

"Arabella," He says, looking at me grinning. I relaxed my shoulders, and took a deep breath. Completely ignoring his presence. Matt gives me an annoying look, and I really didn't want to upset him.

"Ignoring me, hm?" He says again, taking a seat next to Jamie. I sigh, feeling so irritated.

"Hi," I mumbled under my breath. I tried to keep myself in a good mood, not letting him ruin it like always. Matt rolls his eyes and continues talking to the group about future concerts and plans. Jamie also begins talking about their new album coming out soon, and their launch party next week.

"Can you come, Arabella?" Jamie asks me, as I smile.

"Of course, I would never miss one of your launch parties," I chuckle as I glance at Alex. He rolls his eyes.

"Well, we didn't have a great experience at our last launch party, did we?" Alex asks me as I freeze. I open my mouth slightly, trying to think of something to say but no words come out. Nick sighs annoyingly as he pats Alex's shoulder.

"Okay, Alex. We don't talk about that, remember? That was in the past," Nick tries calming him down from spitting some other shit at me. I sigh before getting up.

"I think I'm going to leave now," I say awkwardly, grabbing my purse.

"Aw, the party was just starting, princess," Alex says as he begins laughing, I shot back a dirty look at him before walking out. I wasn't in the mood to be listening to him, and I certainly wasn't in a mood to talk about what happened at that last launch party..