4

*

"Why the fuck do you care?" I barge in.

"Because, I know who's good or not for you. And him? Definitely not," I bite my tongue as he says that. Matt suddenly takes his arm off of me, but I stop him.

"Oh no. Matt can do whatever the fuck he wants. You have no say in my decisions or his. Why don't you go fuck your whores like you did when you were with me, hm? Oh wait, did they all leave you?" I say as I pout at the end. His face looked so angry, there could be steam shooting out of his ears. He gets up and storms off like a child.

"Sorry," Matt whispers.

"It's okay, it's not your fault,"

*

The night was pretty boring. Matt had told me that they were going to perform a few songs for the guests, and Alex wanted to perform "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor," with me. I know he didn't want me to sing with him, Matt had forced him to, obviously.

"Arabella," I heard someone whisper behind me, I turned around to see Jamie.

"You have to start getting ready to perform the song, you and Alex are on in 5 minutes," He says as I nod. I get up from my seat and walk backstage. I fixed my hair and applied some lipgloss on, I looked decent. I didn't really care as this was only around 200 people and most of them were famous actors and singers. I walk on stage as Matt hands me the microphone.

"Did you warm up your voice?" Alex asks me.

"No, why?"

"Well, your voice sounds like shit so now it's going to sound worse," He says as I roll my eyes.

"My voice is actually a lot better than yours," I cross my arms as he laughs and gets closer.

"Oh please, then why do I have way more fans than you?"

"Shut up," I spit back as Matt gets in the middle of us.

"Guys, we are on in like 10 seconds. Can you just stop arguing until after the performance is over?" Matt says annoyingly as Alex glares at me. Suddenly, the curtains open and all of us put on a smile.

"Hello everyone. Thank you so much for coming. We wanted to sing something special as a little thank you to everyone. This song is specially dedicated to Arielle, my girlfriend. I love you, baby," He says. I wanted to literally kill him at that moment. I was standing right next to him, about to sing his song and he decided to dedicate it to his girlfriend? Whatever. The song began as Alex started singing the chorus.

"Stop making the eyes at me,

I'll stop making the eyes at you.

What is it that surprises me is

That I don't really want you to.

And your shoulders are frozen.

Oh, baby you're an explosion.

Your name isn't Rio, but I don't care for sand

And lighting the fuse

Might result in a bang, b-b-bang-go.

I bet that you look good on the dance floor.

I don't know if you're looking for romance or

I don't know what you're looking for.

I said, I bet that you look good on the dance floor.

Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984.

Well, from 1984." He sang. I might have gotten lost in his voice, his voice is majestic. But, his personality seriously isn't. I did like Alex a tad bit in the past. But, that stopped. Yeah, I guess he's..okay looking. Alex and I had very different singing voices. His voice fit perfectly with rock music, while I had more of a soft and high-pitched singing voice. But, somehow, both of our voices fit with this song. Suddenly, I snapped out of my thoughts and realized it was my turn to sing.

"I wish you'd stop ignoring me

Because it's sending me to despair.

Without a sound, yeah
You're calling me, and I don't think it's very fair." I sang, as I turned to look at Alex. We both finished the song. The crowd claps for us as I smile.