5

*

The rest of the night went by pretty slowly. After our performance, I excused myself to go outside for a smoke. I walked outside and pulled out a cigarette, I held it between my lips before lighting it. Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching me, I turned around to see who it was, and of course it had to be, Alex.

"How's your night going, princess?" Alex asks, teasing me. I decided to actually have a conversation with him.

"It's going okay, Miles was being a bitch to me," I say as he chuckles. He holds his cigarette in between his lips, trying to light it. But, his lighter wasn't working.

"Can I use your lighter, love?" He asks as I nod, I light his cigarette as he nods in a way of thanking me.

"Surprisingly, you performed beautifully tonight," He says as I smile.

"Thanks, I guess. You did okay," I say as he raises an eyebrow.

"Alright? That's all I get? I swear I saw you practically getting lost in my eyes while listening to me perform," He says as I freeze. Fuck, he saw me didn't he...

"I didn't, I was just listening to you sing. That was all,"

"Sure," He says as I chuckle.

"Arielle is gonna kill me," He mumbled.

"Why?" I said out loud. His eyes shot up to me from his cigarette.

"Oh, it's just because she doesn't like that song we sing together. She thinks I like you, even though I really don't. You're like the worst and ugliest person," He laughs as I frown.

"What the fuck is your problem? You always have a way of ruining my mood,"

"I'm just being honest, lose some weight, darling," He laughs, taking a puff from his cigarette.

"Look, I don't know what's wrong with you, but can you just leave me alone? You're so annoying," I yell. He raises an eyebrow before leaving. Getting the hint that I was not at all in the mood for his jokes.

Soon after I finished my smoke, I said goodbye to all my friends and immediately took an uber home. Tonight was fun, all up until Alex ruined my night. I fucking hate him, can't he just go away forever?