Chapter 1

The storm clouds loomed ominously, mirroring the turmoil in General Aslan’s heart. Standing on the balcony of his quarters, he gazed out at the sprawling army base, where soldiers moved like clockwork—discipline etched into their every action. The sun had begun its descent, casting a muted gold over the landscape, yet the beauty of the evening felt lost on him.

Aslan, tall and imposing, wore his uniform with a sense of authority that intimidated and commanded respect. His broad shoulders were squared, and his jaw clenched as he observed the preparation for another mission. Every soldier knew of his reputation—the ruthless commander who never hesitated to sacrifice for the greater good. His piercing gaze could cut through lies, and his decisions were often shrouded in an air of inevitability.

But beneath the surface, he struggled with his own demons. Memories of past battles haunted him, faces of fallen comrades flashing before his eyes like ghosts demanding justice. Each mission weighed heavily on his conscience, a burden he carried alone. Aslan longed for peace but felt trapped in a cycle of violence, where compassion was often perceived as weakness.

He sighed, running a hand through his dark hair, the weight of his command pressing down on him like the storm clouds overhead. Would he ever escape this life? The questions lingered like the rain that threatened to fall, a constant reminder of the storm within.